9-Day Choir Tour | Majestic Italy
Florence | Assisi | Rome | Vatican City
This program includes the following venues:
- Sung Mass at the Church of All Saints in Florence
- Sung Mass at the Altar of the Chair in St. Peter’s Basilica
- Formal concert at the Church of St. Ignatius of Loyola in Rome
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
- Informal singing with pilgrims at Papal Audience
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Depart for Rome
- Day 2 | Arrive in Rome | Florence
- Benvenuti a Roma! Upon arrival in Rome, continue by coach through the Umbrian hills to the Renaissance city of Florence.
- Day 3 | Highlights of Florence
- Guided tour of Florence, including the Accademia, Piazza Del Duomo, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Giotto’s Bell Tower, and the Baptistery of St. John with its “Gates of Paradise.” Sung Mass at the Church of All Saints in Florence.
- Day 4 | Florence | Rome | Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica
- Depart Florence for Rome. Late afternoon, transfer to St. Peter’s Basilica. Sung Mass at the Altar of the Chair.
- Day 5 | Imperial Rome | Evening Concert
- Guided site visits include the Church of St. Peter in Chains, the Ancient Roman Forum, Arch of Titus, Arch of Constantine, Colosseum perimeter, Trajan’s Column, and Market. Present a formal concert for the citizens of Rome at the Church of St. Ignatius, an exclusive venue.
- Day 6 | Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel
- Guided tour of the Vatican Museums, ending with a viewing of Michelangelo’s frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel and a tour of St. Peter’s Basilica, which houses his famous scuplture, “Pieta.” Enjoy the afternoon at leisure. You may want to shop for articles to be blessed at Wednesday’s Papal Audience.
- Day 7 | Sites of St. Francis & St. Clare in Assisi
- Full-day excursion to Assisi. Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi. Visit the Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels with its Porziuncola, and the sites associated with the lives of St. Francis and St. Clare. Return to Rome.
- Day 8 | Papal Audience | Catacombs | Farewell Dinner
- Sing with other pilgrims at the General Papal Audience held in St. Peter’s Square. Receive the Holy Father’s Apostolic Blessing. After the audience, explore Rome and its outskirts along the Old Appian Way. Farewell dinner at a restaurant in Rome.
- Day 9 | Return to the USA