12-Day Pilgrimage | Path of Pope Francis
Buenos Aires | Luján | San Nicolás | Córdoba
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
- Day 1 | Depart for Argentina
- Depart for Buenos Aires, Argentina. Overnight on board the flight.
- Day 2 | Welcome to Buenos Aires!
- Afternoon city tour of Buenos Aires. Explore the city's history and culture as seen through its neighborhoods and historical landmarks. Celebrate Mass at the Metropolitan Cathedral. Welcome dinner at a typical Argentine barbecue restaurant.
- Day 3 | Flores
- Visit Flores, the Buenos Aires neighborhood where Pope Francis (Jorge Mario Bergoglio) was born, lived, formed in the faith, and called to the priesthood. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of St. Joseph.
- Day 4 | San Miguel
- Visit the Colegio Máximo de San José, where Pope Francis studied in his youth. Celebrate Mass at Colegio Máximo de San José. Return to Buenos Aires with free time for walking, browsing, and shopping along Avenida Santa Fé.
- Day 5 | Tigre River Delta Excursion | Tango Lesson
- Take a river cruise and delight in the lush scenic landscapes of the Tigre Delta. Free time for lunch and local shopping in the Mercado de Frutos. Celebrate Mass in Buenos Aires. This evening, learn how to dance Tango!
- Day 6 | Basilica of Our Lady of Luján
- Visit the National Sanctuary of Argentina built in honor of the Virgin of Luján, patron saint of Argentina. When Pope Francis was a Cardinal in Buenos Aires, he used to come to the shrine to receive young pilgrims, hear confessions, and celebrate Mass. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of Luján.
- Day 7 | Our Lady of the Rosary of San Nicolás
- Excursion to the city of San Nicolás de los Arroyos where the first of a series of apparitions of the Virgin Mary took place starting on September 25, 1983. Guided tour of this Marian Shrine dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary. Celebrate Mass in the Chapel.
- Day 8 | Córdoba
- Explore Córdoba's rich Jesuit history and culture. See the Jesuit Block (Manzana Jesuítica), Jesuit Church, and residence where Pope Francis lived for two years. Celebrate Mass at Iglesia de la Compania de Jesus.
- Day 9 | Córdoba | Alta Gracia
- Visit the mountain town of Alta Gracia (High Grace), one of the five “estancias” established in the province of Córdoba by the Jesuits in the 17th century. Celebrate Mass in Alta Gracia.
- Day 10 | Córdoba Estancias
- Explore Estancia Caroya, the first of the Córdoba Jesuit missions built in 1616, and Estancia Jesús María, best known for its wine.
- Day 11 | Buenos Aires | Farewell Lunch | Return Flight Home
- Enjoy a farewell lunch at a restaurant near our hotel. Transfer to Buenos Aires Airport for our return flight home.
- Day 12 | Arrive in the USA