12-Day Pilgrimage | Path of Pope Francis
Buenos Aires | Luján | San Nicolás | Córdoba
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
Customize your itinerary by adding Mendoza, La Plata, or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for Argentina
- Day 2 | Arrive in Buenos Aires
- Welcome to Buenos Aires! Enjoy an afternoon city tour, exploring the city's history and culture as seen through its neighborhoods and historical landmarks. Celebrate Mass at the Metropolitan Cathedral. Welcome dinner at a typical Argentine barbecue restaurant.
- Day 3 | Flores
- Visit Flores, the Buenos Aires neighborhood where Pope Francis was born, lived, formed in the faith, and called to the priesthood. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of St. Joseph.
- Day 4 | San Miguel
- Visit the Colegio Máximo de San José, where Pope Francis studied in his youth. Celebrate Mass at the Colegio Máximo de San José. Return to Buenos Aires with free time for walking, browsing, and shopping along Avenida Santa Fé.
- Day 5 | Tigre River Delta Excursion | Tango Lesson
- Enjoy a relaxing river cruise and delight in the lush scenic landscapes of the Tigre River Delta. Free time for shopping in the Puerto de Frutos. Celebrate Mass in Buenos Aires. This evening, learn how to tango dance.
- Day 6 | Basilica of Our Lady of Luján
- Visit the National Sanctuary of Argentina built in honor of the Virgin of Luján, the country’s patron saint. When Pope Francis was a Cardinal in Buenos Aires, he used to come to the shrine to receive young pilgrims, hear confessions, and celebrate Mass. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of Luján.
- Day 7 | Our Lady of the Rosary of San Nicolás
- Excursion to the city of San Nicolás de los Arroyos, where the first of a series of apparitions of the Virgin Mary took place in 1983. Guided tour of this Marian shrine dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary. Celebrate Mass in the chapel.
- Day 8 | Córdoba
- Explore Córdoba’s rich Jesuit history and culture. See the Jesuit Block (Manzana Jesuítica), Jesuit Church, and residence where Pope Francis lived for two years. Celebrate Mass at Iglesia de la Compania de Jesus.
- Day 9 | Córdoba | Alta Gracia
- Visit the mountain town of Alta Gracia, one of the five “estancias” established by the Jesuits in Córdoba in the 17th century. Celebrate Mass in Alta Gracia.
- Day 10 | Córdoba Estancias
- Explore Estancia Caroya, the first of the Córdoba Jesuit missions, and Estancia Jesús María, best known for its wine.
- Day 11 | Free Day in Buenos Aires
- Enjoy a free day in Buenos Aires to shop, eat, relax, or explore. Farewell lunch at a local restaurant.
- Day 12 | Return Home