10-Day Choir Tour | Prague, Austria, and Germany
Prague | Vienna | Salzburg | Munich
- Concert at the Church of St. Nicholas on the Square in Prague
- Sung Mass at the Church of Our Lady before Týn in Prague
- Concert at St. Stephen’s Cathedral in Vienna
- Concert at Peterskirche in Vienna
- Informal concert at Melk Abbey
- Sung Mass at Salzburg Cathedral
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups, as well as daily liturgies for Roman Catholic groups if so desired.
Customize your itinerary by adding Warsaw, Krakow, or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for the Czech Republic
- Day 2 | Arrive in Prague
- Welcome to Prague! Enjoy an orientation tour of the “City of 100 Spires.”
- Day 3 | Highlights of Prague | Afternoon Concert
- Enjoy a guided city tour of Prague, including Hradčany and the castle district. Visit St. Vitus Cathedral, see Prague Castle, and stroll through Mala Strana. Present an afternoon concert at the Church of St. Nicholas on the Square. Sung Mass at the Church of Our Lady before Týn. Festive dinner at a popular Czech restaurant.
- Day 4 | Old Town of Prague | Vienna
- Visit the Carmelite Church of Our Lady Victorious in the Lesser Quarter and see the statue of the Infant Jesus of Prague. Walk across the famous Charles Bridge to the Old Town. This afternoon, continue to Vienna.
- Day 5 | Highlights of Vienna | Afternoon Concert
- Tour Imperial Vienna, including Hofburg Palace, St. Charles Church, Belvedere Palace, the Vienna Opera, museums, the House of Parliament, City Hall, and the Burgtheater. Present an afternoon concert at St. Stephen’s Cathedral.
- Day 6 | Schönbrunn Palace | House of Music | Afternoon Concert
- Morning tour of Schönbrunn Palace, the former summer residence of the Habsburgs. Visit the House of Music, an interactive discovery museum located in the heart of Vienna. Present an afternoon concert at Peterskirche.
- Day 7 | Melk Abbey | Salzburg
- Depart Vienna for Melk Abbey, the baroque Benedictine monastery overlooking the Danube. Present an informal concert at the abbey. Continue to Salzburg. Evening rehearsal with Prof. Janos Czifra at Salzburg Cathedral.
- Day 8 | Salzburg Cathedral | Highlights of Salzburg
- Sung Mass at Salzburg Cathedral, together with the Cathedral Choir and Orchestra under the direction of Prof. Janos Czifra. Afternoon tour of Salzburg. Stroll along the Getreidegasse, see the house where Mozart was born, and take in many familiar sights from The Sound of Music.
- Day 9 | Neuschwanstein Castle | Munich
- Leave Salzburg to explore Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany’s fairytale castle built by King Ludwig. Late afternoon, continue to Munich.
- Day 10 | Orientation Tour of Munich | Return Home
- En route to the airport, take in the sights of Munich. Visit Marienplatz and see the world-famous Glockenspiel. Transfer to Munich Airport for the return flight home.