10-Day Choir Tour | Prague, Austria, and Bavaria
Prague | Vienna | Salzburg
This program includes the following venues:
- Concert at Church of St. Nicholas on the Square in Prague
- Sung Mass at the Church of Our Lady before Týn in Prague
- Concert at St. Stephen’s Cathedral in Vienna
- Concert at Peterskirche in Vienna
- Informal Recital at Melk Abbey
- Sung Mass at Salzburg Cathedral, together with the Cathedral Choir and Orchestra under the direction of Prof. Janos Czifra
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Depart for the Czech Republic
- Day 2 | Welcome to Prague!
- Arrive in Prague and begin with an orientation tour of the “City of 100 Spires.”
- Day 3 | Highlights of Prague | Afternoon Concert
- Enjoy a guided city tour of Prague, including Hradčany and the castle district. Visit St. Vitus Cathedral, see Prague Castle, and stroll through Mala Strana. Present a concert at St. Nicholas on the Square. Sing for the evening Mass at the Church of Our Lady before Týn. Festive dinner at a popular Czech restaurant.
- Day 4 | Old Town of Prague | Vienna
- Visit the Carmelite Church of Our Lady Victorious in the Lesser Quarter and see the statue of the Infant Jesus of Prague. Walk across the famous Charles Bridge to the Old Town. Afternoon departure for Vienna.
- Day 5 | Highlights of Vienna | Afternoon Concert
- Tour Imperial Vienna. See Hofburg Palace, St. Charles Church, Belvedere Palace, Vienna Opera, museums, the House of Parliament, City Hall, and the Burgtheater. Afternoon concert presentation at St. Stephen’s Cathedral.
- Day 6 | Schönbrunn Palace | House of Music | Afternoon Concert
- Morning tour of Schönbrunn Palace, former summer residence of the Habsburgs. Visit Haus der Musik, an interactive discovery museum located in the heart of Vienna. Concert presentation at Peterskirche.
- Day 7 | Melk Abbey | Salzburg
- Depart Vienna for Melk Abbey, the baroque Benedictine monastery overlooking the Danube. Present an informal recital at the Abbey. Continue to Salzburg. Evening rehearsal with Prof. Janos Czifra at the Salzburg Cathedral.
- Day 8 | Mass at Salzburg Cathedral | Highlights of Salzburg
- Sing for 10:00 a.m. Mass at Salzburg Cathedral, together with the Cathedral Choir and Orchestra under the direction of Prof. Janos Czifra. Afternoon tour of Salzburg. Stroll along the Getreidegasse, see the house where Mozart was born, and take in many familiar sights from The Sound of Music.
- Day 9 | Neuschwanstein Castle | Munich
- Leave Salzburg for southern Bavaria to explore Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany’s fairytale castle built by King Ludwig II to retreat from public life. Late afternoon, continue to Munich.
- Day 10 | Orientation Tour of Munich | Return to the USA
- En route to the airport, take in the sights of Munich. Visit Marienplatz and see the world famous Glockenspiel. Transfer to the airport for our return flight home.