10-Day Pilgrimage | Path of Pope Francis
Buenos Aires | Luján | San Nicolás
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection and devotions.
- Day 1 | Sunday | Depart for Argentina
- Depart for Buenos Aires, Argentina. Overnight on board the flight.
- Day 2 | Monday | Welcome to Buenos Aires!
- Afternoon city tour of Buenos Aires. Explore history and culture as seen through its neighborhoods and historical landmarks. Celebrate Mass at the Metropolitan Cathedral. Welcome dinner at a typical Argentine barbecue restaurant.
- Day 3 | Tuesday | Flores
- Visit Flores, the Buenos Aires neighborhood where Pope Francis (Jorge Mario Bergoglio) was born, lived, formed in the faith, and called to the priesthood. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of St. Joseph.
- Day 4 | Wednesday | San Miguel
- Venture outside Buenos Aires city limits to the Colegio Máximo de San José where Pope Francis studied in his youth. Celebrate Mass at Colegio Máximo de San José. Return to Buenos Aires with free time for walking, browsing, and shopping along Avenida Santa Fé.
- Day 5 | Thursday | Tigre River Delta Excursion|Tango Lesson
- Take a river cruise and delight in the lush scenic landscapes of the Tigre Delta. Free time for lunch and local shopping in the Mercado de Frutos. Celebrate Mass in Buenos Aires. This evening, learn how to dance Tango!
- Day 6 | Friday | Basilica of Our Lady of Luján
- Visit the National Sanctuary of Argentina built in honor of the Virgin of Luján, patron saint of Argentina. When Pope Francis was Cardinal in Buenos Aires he used to come to the shrine to receive young pilgrims, hear confessions, and celebrate Mass with them. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of Luján.
- Day 7 | Saturday | Paseo Recoleta|Calle Florida
- Experience Recoleta, a section of Buenos Aires known for its art galleries, shops, craft fairs, restaurants and the Church of Pilar. Independent lunch with free time to explore Calle Florida, the 10-block pedestrian shopping street in the heart of downtown Buenos Aires. Celebrate Mass in Buenos Aires.
- Day 8 | Sunday | Our Lady of the Rosary of San Nicolás
- Excursion to the city of San Nicolás de los Arroyos where the first of a series of apparitions of the Virgin Mary took place starting on September 25, 1983. Guided tour of this Marian Shrine dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary. Celebrate Mass in the Chapel.
- Day 9 | Monday | Buenos Aires|Farewell Lunch|Return Flight Home
- Final day in Buenos Aires to shop, eat, relax, or explore! Farewell Lunch at a restaurant near hotel. Transfer to Buenos Aires Airport for return flight home. Overnight on board the flight.
- Day 10 | Tuesday | Arrive the USA