10-Day Pilgrimage | Glorious Great Britain
Edinburgh | Lindisfarne | York | Lincolnshire | Stratford | Oxford | London
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
- Day 1 | Depart for Scotland
- Day 2 | Edinburgh
- Welcome to Edinburgh! Orientation tour of Edinburgh and visit to Rosslyn Chapel. Celebrate Sunday Mass in Edinburgh.
- Day 3 | Highlights of Edinburgh
- Celebrate Mass at St. Mary’s Cathedral. Visit St. Giles’ Cathedral, Edinburgh Castle, and St. Margaret’s Chapel. Guided tour of Holyrood Abbey and Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Day 4 | Lindisfarne | Durham | York
- Depart Edinburgh for the Holy Island of Lindisfarne, where the Christian message flourished through the efforts of St. Aidan and St. Cuthbert. Visit the Norman Cathedral in Durham. Celebrate Mass at St. Cuthbert’s Catholic Church. Continue to York.
- Day 5 | York | Walsingham | Sempringham | Cambridge
- Walking tour of York, including York Minster Cathedral. Spend a peaceful afternoon at England’s Anglican and Catholic Marian Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham. Celebrate Mass in the Slipper Chapel. En route to Cambridge, stop at the Church of St. Andrew in Sempringham, birthplace of St. Gilbert.
- Day 6 | Cambridge | Stratford | Woodstock | Oxford
- Celebrate Mass at the Church of Our Lady and the English Martyrs. Enjoy a walking tour of Cambridge, one of the oldest universities in the world. Visit Stratford-upon-Avon, home of William Shakespeare. Journey through the picturesque rolling hills of the Cotswolds, stopping to visit Blenheim Castle in Woodstock. Continue on to Oxford.
- Day 7 | Oxford | London
- Visit Maryvale and Littlemore. Celebrate Mass in Bl. John Henry Newman’s Chapel. Continue to London with a stop to visit Windsor Castle.
- Day 8 | London Orientation Tour
- Visit the Shrine of the Martyrs at Tyburn. Continue with a guided walking tour of London, including St. Paul’s Cathedral, the Tower of London, and the Chapel of St Peter ad Vincula, site of St. Thomas More’s tomb. Celebrate at Westminster Roman Catholic Cathedral.
- Day 9 | Highlights of London
- Highlight tour of London by coach. Pass the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Downing Street, Trafalgar Square, Nelson’s Column, Piccadilly Circus, London Eye, and Buckingham Palace. Celebrate Mass at the Church of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (Brompton Oratory). Optional tour of Westminster Abbey or cruise on the Thames River. Farewell dinner in Trafalgar Square.
- Day 10 | Return to the USA