7-Day Pilgrimage | Metropolitan Mexico
Mexico City | Xochimilco | Cuernavaca | Puebla | Teotihuacan
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
- Day 1 | Arrive in Mexico City
- Bienvenido a Mexico! Upon arrival, continue to the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe to celebrate Sunday Mass.
- Day 2 | Tlateloco | Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Visit the Plaza de las Tres Culturas, the main square in the Tlatelolco neighborhood of Mexico City. Celebrate Mass at the Church of Santiago de Tlalteloco, baptismal site of St. Juan Diego. Guided tour of Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine domain, including Tepeyac Hill where Our Lady appeared to St. Juan Diego.
- Day 3 | Tlaxcala | Ocotlan | Puebla
- Overnight excursion to Puebla with a stop in Tlaxcala. Celebrate Mass at San Miguel del Milagro, site of the apparition of St. Michael to an Indian man, Diego Lazaro, in 1631. Visit Ocotlan, a small village known for devotion to the Virgin of Ocotlan. Visits in Puebla include the Cathedral and Rosary Chapel in the Church of Santo Domingo.
- Day 4 | Mexico City | Ballet Folklórico de México
- Return to Mexico City. Visit the Zocalo and see Templo Mayor, archaeological site of Mexico’s great Aztec Empire. Celebrate Mass in the Chapel of the Holy Angels at the Metropolitan Cathedral of the Assumption. Enjoy an evening of culture, traditions, and legends reflected in folkloric dance.
- Day 5 | Mexico City | Tulpetlac | Teotihuacan
- Celebrate Mass at the Church of the Holy Family, where Blessed Miguel Pro’s remains are reserved in a small chapel. Visit Santa Maria Tulpetlac, the Church of the fifth apparition to Juan Diego. Continue to Teotihuacan and see the ancient Pyramids of the Sun and Moon.
- Day 6 | Our Lady of Covadonga | Xochimilco
- Celebrate Mass at La Votiva Church. Continue to the Church dedicated to Our Lady of Covadonga. Spend the afternoon on the outskirts of the city to enjoy the natural setting of Xochimilco, with the famous Floating Gardens and Dolores Olmedo Museum. Farewell dinner at Vila Maria.
- Day 7 | Return to the USA