7-Day Pilgrimage | Heart of Mexico
Mexico City | Tlaxcala | Ocotlán | Puebla | Tulpetlac | Teotihuacan | Xochimilco
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
Customize your itinerary by adding Cuernavaca, Taxco, Cholula, Puerto Vallarta or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Arrive in Mexico City
- Welcome to Mexico City! Upon arrival, continue to the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
- Day 2 | Tlatelolco | Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine
- Visit the Plaza de las Tres Culturas, the main square in the Tlatelolco neighborhood of Mexico City. Celebrate Mass at the Church of Santiago de Tlatelolco, the baptismal site of St. Juan Diego. Enjoy a guided tour of Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine, including Tepeyac Hill, where Our Lady appeared to St. Juan Diego.
- Day 3 | Tlaxcala | Ocotlán | Puebla
- Continue to Puebla. En route, stop in Tlaxcala. Celebrate Mass at the Church of San Miguel del Milagro. Here, St. Michael appeared to Diego Lazaro in 1631. Visit Ocotlán, a small village known for devotion to the Virgin of Ocotlán. Continue to Puebla and tour Puebla Cathedral and the Rosary Chapel in the Church of Santo Domingo.
- Day 4 | Mexico City | Ballet Folklórico de México
- Return to Mexico City. Visit the Zócalo and see Templo Mayor, the archaeological site of Mexico’s great Aztec Empire. Celebrate Mass in the Chapel of the Holy Angels at the Metropolitan Cathedral of the Assumption. Enjoy an evening of culture, traditions, and legends reflected in folkloric dance.
- Day 5 | Mexico City | Tulpetlac | Teotihuacan
- Celebrate Mass at the Church of the Holy Family. Here, Blessed Miguel Pro’s remains are preserved in a small chapel. Visit Santa Maria Tulpetlac, the church of the fifth apparition to Juan Diego. Continue to Teotihuacan and see the ancient Pyramids of the Sun and Moon.
- Day 6 | Our Lady of Covadonga | Xochimilco
- Celebrate Mass at La Votiva Church. Continue to the church dedicated to Our Lady of Covadonga. Spend the afternoon on the outskirts of the city to enjoy the natural setting of Xochimilco, with its famous floating gardens and Dolores Olmedo Museum. Farewell dinner at Villa Maria.
- Day 7 | Return Home