8-Day Choir Tour| Corazón de México
Mexico City | Taxco | Cuernavaca | Puebla | Cholula | Tlaxcala | Tulpetlac | Teotihuacan
This program includes the following venues:
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City
- Sung Mass at The Cathedral of the Assumption of Mary of Cuernavaca
- Sung Mass at Puebla Cathedral followed by Informal Concert
- Sung Mass at San Miguel del Milagro in Tlaxcala
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of Ocotlan in Tlaxcala
- Concert at Iglesia de San Hipólito in Mexico City
All concert venues, Sung Masses and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Sunday | Flight to Mexico City
- Bienvenido a Mexico! Upon arrival, continue to the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe to sing for Sunday Mass.
- Day 2 | Monday | Taxco | Cuernavaca
- Full-day excursion to Taxco and Cuernavaca. Taxco is best known for its silver craft and the Church of Santa Prisca. Cuernavaca Cathedral and monastery complex was established by the first Franciscan friars to arrive in Mexico. Sung Mass at the Cathedral of the Assumption of Mary of Cuernavaca. Return to Mexico City.
- Day 3 | Tuesday | Mexico City | Xochimilco
- Visit the Zócalo, main square in Mexico and see Templo Mayor, archaeological site of Mexico’s great Aztec Empire. Sung Mass in the Metropolitan Cathedral of the Assumption. Visit the natural setting of Xochimilco with the famous Floating Gardens and Dolores Olmedo Museum.
- Day 4 | Wednesday | Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe | Puebla
- Visit Plaza de las Tres Culturas ("Square of the Three Cultures") and Church of Santiago de Tlalteloco, baptismal site of St. Juan Diego. Guided tour of Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine domain. Visits in Puebla include the Cathedral and Rosary Chapel in the Church of Santo Domingo. Sung Mass at Puebla Cathedral followed by Informal Concert. Overnight in Puebla.
- Day 5 | Thursday | Cholula | Tlaxcala
- Full-day excursion to Cholula and Tlaxcala. Visit Santa María Tonantzintla in Cholula, a church reflecting the region’s Spanish-indigenous influence. Continue to Tlaxcala. Sung Mass at San Miguel del Milagro, site of the apparition of St. Michael to an Indian man, Diego Lazaro, in 1631.
- Day 6 | Friday | Tlaxcala | Mexico City
- Depart Puebla for Mexico City. Stop to venerate Our Lady of Ocotlan and see where Our Lady appeared to Juan Diego Bernardino in 1541. Sung Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of Ocotlan. Continue to Mexico City, check-in at hotel and freshen up. Evening Concert at Iglesia de San Hipólito.
- Day 7 | Saturday | Tulpetlac | Teotihuacan | Ballet Folklórico de México
- Visit the Church of the Holy Family, where Blessed Miguel Pro’s remains are reserved in a small chapel. Visit Santa Maria Tulpetlac, the Church of the fifth apparition to Juan Diego. Continue to Teotihuacan and see the ancient Pyramids of the Sun and Moon. Festive evening of culture, traditions and legends reflected in folkloric dance.
- Day 8 | Sunday | Return to the USA