10-Day Pilgrimage | Marian Shrines
Fatima | El Camino de Santiago | Avila | Zaragoza | Lourdes
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be modified to include additional sites with opportunities for prayer, and devotions. Customize this itinerary by adding one additional day to visit Barcelona.
- Day 1 | Depart for Portugal
- Day 2 | Arrive in Lisbon | Fatima
- Orientation tour of Portugal’s capital city. Celebrate Mass at the Church of St. Anthony, which marks his birthplace. Afternoon arrival in Fatima. Participate in the evening rosary and candlelight procession.
- Day 3 | Full Day in Fatima
- Mass at the Little Chapel of Apparitions. Visit sites located in Cova da Iria, and the villages of Aljustrel and Valinhos. Afternoon at the shrine for private devotions.
- Day 4 | Fatima | Coimbra | Santiago de Compostela
- Depart Fatima for Coimbra to see the monastery where Sister Lucia lived. Celebrate Mass at the Carmelite Monastery. This afternoon arrive in Santiago de Compostela, on the medieval pilgrimage route known as The Way of St. James.
- Day 5 | El Camino de Santiago
- Travel along a partial segment of El Camino de Santiago. Arrive at the Cathedral of St. James and visit the Tomb of St. James in the crypt. Venerate the statue as an act of completing the pilgrimage route. Participate at the Pilgrim Mass and witness the swinging “botafumeiro”.
- Day 6 | El Camino de Santiago | León | Ávila
- Continue on the pilgrim way into Galicia. In León, visit the Churches of Santa Ana, Santa Maria del Mercado, and the Convent of the Immaculate Conception. Celebrate Mass at León Cathedral. Continue to Ávila and begin to retrace the steps of St. Teresa.
- Day 7 | Ávila | Zaragoza
- Visit St. Vincent’s Basilica, just outside the walls of Ávila. Continue to the fortress-like Ávila Cathedral. Celebrate Mass at the Convent of the Incarnation, and see the cell where Teresa lived. Depart Ávila for Zaragoza, where we will visit the Basilica of Our Lady of the Pillar.
- Day 8 | Zaragoza | Lourdes
- Celebrate morning Mass at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Pillar. Drive through the Pyrenees Mountains en route to Lourdes. Orientation tour upon arrival at the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes. Evening torchlight Marian procession.
- Day 9 | Full Day in Lourdes
- Celebrate Mass at the Grotto (subject to confirmation). Walking tour of Lourdes Shrine and the places associated with the life of St. Bernadette. This afternoon is free for private devotions, visiting the Grotto, baths and confession. Evening torchlight Marian procession.
- Day 10 | Return to the USA