10-Day Choir Tour | Majestic Italy
Venice | Padua | Florence | Assisi | Rome | Vatican City
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of San Marco in Venice
- Sung Mass at the Altar of the Chair in St. Peter’s Basilica
- Concert at the Church of St. Ignatius in Rome
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
- Informal singing at the Papal Audience in St. Peter's Square
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups, as well as daily liturgies if so desired.
Customize your itinerary by adding Milan, Ravenna, Orvieto, Siena, Monte Cassino, Capri, or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for Italy
- Day 2 | Arrive in Venice | Padua
- Welcome to Venice! Upon arrival, continue to Padua. Visit the Pontifical Basilica of St. Anthony and see the Chapel of the Relics.
- Day 3 | Highlights of Venice
- Take a vaporetto to explore Venice and its hub of activity, Piazza San Marco. Sung Mass at the Basilica of San Marco.
- Day 4 | Highlights of Florence
- Depart Venice for Florence. Enjoy a guided tour of the city, including the Accademia, Piazza Del Duomo, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Giotto’s Bell Tower, and the Baptistery of St. John with its “Gates of Paradise.”
- Day 5 | Rome | St. Peter’s Basilica
- Depart Florence for Rome. Late afternoon, transfer to St. Peter’s Basilica. Sung Mass at the Altar of the Chair in St. Peter's Basilica.
- Day 6 | Imperial Rome | Evening Concert
- Tour Imperial Rome, including the Church of St. Peter in Chains, the Roman Forum, Arch of Titus, Arch of Constantine, perimeter of the Colosseum, Trajan’s Column, and the Market. Present a formal concert at the Church of St. Ignatius.
- Day 7 | Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Vatican Museums, ending with a viewing of Michelangelo’s frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel. Tour St. Peter’s Basilica, which houses his famous sculpture, “Pietà.” Free afternoon to explore Rome on your own.
- Day 8 | Sites of St. Francis and St. Clare in Assisi
- Full-day excursion to Assisi. Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi. Visit the Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels with its Porziuncola, and the sites associated with St. Francis and St. Clare. Return to Rome.
- Day 9 | Papal Audience | Catacombs
- Sing at the General Papal Audience in St. Peter’s Square. After the audience, explore Rome and its outskirts along the Old Appian Way. Visit the Basilica of St. Paul Outside-the-Walls and the Catacombs. Farewell dinner at a restaurant in Rome.
- Day 10 | Return Home