8-Day Pilgrimage | Heart of Italy
Assisi | Rome | Vatican City
All Masses are subject to confirmation.
Customize your itinerary by adding Milan, Ravenna, Orvieto, Siena, Trevi, Loreto, Manoppello, San Giovanni Rotondo, Monte Cassino, Naples, Capri, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, or other cities and destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for Italy
- Day 2 | Arrive in Rome | Assisi
- Benvenuti a Roma! Upon arrival, continue by coach to Assisi. Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli, with its "Porziuncola." Celebrate Mass at the basilica. See the Capella del Transito and thornless rose garden.
- Day 3 | Sites of St. Francis and St. Clare | Rome
- Celebrate Mass at the Tomb of St. Francis. Guided visits include the Basilica of St. Francis and the Basilica of St. Clare, featuring her relics and the San Damiano Cross. Group lunch in Assisi followed by free time to explore on your own. Late afternoon, continue to Rome, the Eternal City.
- Day 4 | Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica | Imperial Rome
- Latin Mass at the Altar of the Chair in St. Peter's Basilica, followed by the Angelus in St. Peter’s Square, to pray and receive the Holy Father’s Apostolic Blessing. Guided site visits in Rome include the Church of St. Peter in Chains, the ancient Roman Forum, Arch of Titus, Arch of Constantine, Colosseum perimeter, Trajan’s Column, and Market.
- Day 5 | Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel | St. Peter’s Basilica | Scavi Tour
- Celebrate Mass at the Tomb of St. Peter. Guided museum tour ends with a viewing of Michelangelo’s frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel and a tour of St. Peter’s Basilica, which houses his famous “Pieta” sculpture. Optional tour of the Scavi (subject to confirmation).
- Day 6 | Basilicas of Rome
- Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of St. Mary Major, the church that honors the divine motherhood of Mary. Continue to the Archbasilica of St. John Lateran, Scala Sancta, and Basilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure. You may want to shop for articles to be blessed at Wednesday’s Papal Audience.
- Day 7 | Papal Audience | Catacombs | Farewell Dinner
- Attend the General Papal Audience held in St. Peter’s Square. Receive the Holy Father’s Apostolic Blessing. After the audience explore Rome and her outskirts along the Old Appian Way. Visit the Basilica of St. Paul Outside-the-Walls and celebrate Mass at the Catacombs. Farewell dinner at a restaurant in Rome.
- Day 8 | Return to the USA