11-Day Choir Tour | In The Footsteps Of Martin Luther
Berlin | Wittenberg | Eisleben | Erfurt | Leipzig | Brussels | Amsterdam
- Sung Service at Trinity Lutheran Church in Berlin
- Concert at the Castle Church in Wittenberg
- Concert at St. Thomas Church in Leipzig
- Concert at the English Reformed Church in Amsterdam
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. These itineraries can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups, as well as daily liturgies for Roman Catholic groups if so desired.
Customize your itinerary by adding Warsaw, Krakow, or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for Germany
- Day 2 | Arrive in Berlin
- Welcome to Berlin! Enjoy an orientation tour of former West Berlin, including the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, the House of Parliament, the Central Station, and Tiergarten.
- Day 3 | Highlights of Berlin
- Sung Service at Trinity Lutheran Church in Berlin. Enjoy a guided tour of East Berlin, including the Avenue Unter Den Linden, Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Berlin Cathedral, Berlin State Opera, Academy of Arts, and Checkpoint Charlie Museum.
- Day 4 | Highlights of Wittenberg | Afternoon Concert
- Continue to Wittenberg, where Martin Luther lived and worked for almost 40 years. Tour the city, beginning with the Castle Church and “Theses Door.” See the Stadtkirche with its Cranach altarpiece, and visit the Lutherhalle, home to the largest collection of Reformation artifacts in the world. Visit the places where Luther lived, taught, and preached, and explore an exhibit that offers a rare look into his personal life. Present a concert at the Castle Church.
- Day 5 | Highlights of Leipzig | Lunchtime Concert
- Leave Wittenberg for Leipzig and enjoy a highlight tour of the city, including Bach’s St. Thomas Church. Present a lunchtime concert at St. Thomas Church. Visit the Old Town and Museum of Musical Instruments.
- Day 6 | Eisleben | Erfurt | Mainz
- Proceed to Eisleben, where Luther was born and died. Visit Martin Luther’s Birth House and St. Peter’s Church, where he was baptized. See St. Andrew’s Church, where he preached his last four sermons and his body was laid in state. Continue to Erfurt and visit Erfurt Cathedral and the Seven Church. Tour St. Augustine’s Monastery, where Luther was admitted to the Order; visit the Luther Memorial; and see the 650-year-old Krämer Bridge.
- Day 7 | Koblenz | Rhine River Cruise | Brussels
- Drive to Bacharach and board a Rhine River Cruise, enjoying the scenery along this famous stretch of the Rhine. Disembark at Koblenz and continue to Brussels.
- Day 8 | Brussels | Bruges
- Take a highlight tour of Brussels, including the Grand Place, the Town Hall, and the sculpture, “Manneken Pis.” Continue to Bruges and enjoy a guided walking tour of this medieval town. See the Beguinage, the Church of Our Lady with Michelangelo’s Virgin and Child, and the Market Square.
- Day 9 | Highlights of Amsterdam
- Continue to Amsterdam and see the city by boat on a narrated tour. Free afternoon to explore Amsterdam on your own.
- Day 10 | Anne Frank House | Lunchtime Concert
- Visit the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam. Present a lunchtime concert at the English Reformed Church. Free afternoon to explore Amsterdam on your own. Farewell dinner at a local restaurant.
- Day 11 | Return Home