9-Day Pilgrimage | Medjugorje
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
The Medjugorje Youth Festival takes place each year in August. Peter's Way Tours can create a program around the festival, or at any other time of year. Customize your itinerary by adding Slovenia or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for Croatia
- Day 2 | Arrive in Split | Medjugorje
- Welcome to Split! Continue to Medjugorje. Celebrate Mass.
- Day 3 - 8 | Medjugorje
- Each day, we will experience the beauty and peace of this simple village. During our stay in Medjugorje, we will have the opportunity to share our faith with pilgrims from all over the world. Our local guide will accompany us throughout our stay.
- Celebrate Daily Mass: Join fellow pilgrims from around the world as we assemble at St. James Church for the English-language Mass.
- Adore the Blessed Sacrament: Attend Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament at the outside altar of St. James Church. Adoration is held on Tuesdays and Saturdays, as well as inside the Adoration Chapel each afternoon. Veneration of the Cross is held on Fridays inside the church.
- Climb Apparition Hill: Follow the pilgrim path up Apparition Hill and pray in the place where the Blessed Virgin Mary first appeared to the visionaries. This is a wonderful opportunity to pray the rosary and enjoy private time in prayer. Visit and pray at "Blue Cross," where Our Lady appeared to the children while they hid from the communist police in the early days of the apparitions. It is a place of great healing and grace at the base of Apparition Hill.
- Climb Mount Krizevac (Cross Mountain): In 1933, the villagers built a 30-foot high cross on the top of the mountain to commemorate Jesus' passion and crucifixion. As we climb, pray the Stations of the Cross and meditate on Jesus' suffering.
- Commemorate the Apparitions: Each evening, join the villagers and pilgrims to pray the rosary and anticipate the arrival of Our Lady to the visionaries. Participate in the Croatian Mass, with a blessing of the sick and religious items.
- Meet with the Visionaries: Our guide will arrange meetings with the visionaries at their own homes, provided that they are in Medjugorje during our trip and available for visits.
- Visit the Community of Cenacolo: Visit the community of Cenacolo, founded by the Sisters of Charity for young men and women who have taken a detour and are on the road to recovery. Listen to their witness, inspirational words, and journey back to Christ.
- Day 9 | Return Home