13-Day Choir Tour | Ireland & Scotland
Galway | Dublin | Armagh | Belfast | Glasgow | Edinburgh
This program includes the following venues:
- Recital at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in Dublin
- Informal recital at Bunratty Folk Park
- Sung Mass at Knock Shrine
- Sung Mass at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in Armagh
- Sung Mass at St. Mary's Pro-Cathedral in Dublin
- Sung Mass at St. Mary’s Cathedral in Edinburgh
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Depart for Ireland
- Day 2 | Arrive in Dublin | Glendalough
- Dia dhuit (Hello)! Visit Glendalough and explore the monastery founded by St. Kevin and the sites associated with his life. Continue to Dublin.
- Day 3 | Recital at St. Patrick’s Cathedral | Highlights of Dublin
- Noon recital at St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Tour Dublin's popular sites by coach. Stroll down Grafton Street and see the Book of Kells on display at Trinity College.
- Day 4 | Rock of Cashel | Bunratty Castle | Limerick
- Visit the Rock of Cashel then continue to Bunratty Castle and Folk Park. Present an informal recital at the world-famous Bunratty Medieval Banquet. Continue to Limerick.
- Day 5 | Cliffs of Moher | Burren Region | Corrib Cruise
- Drive through the Burren region and stop at the majestic Cliffs of Moher. Enjoy a Corrib River Cruise. Continue to Westport.
- Day 6 | Connemara | Kylemore Abbey | Knock Shrine
- Drive through the scenic Irish countryside of the Connemara region to Kylemore Abbey. Visit the pilgrimage town of Knock. Sing for Mass at Knock Shrine, where the Virgin Mary, St. Joseph, and St. John the Evangelist appeared at the parish church in August 1879.
- Day 7 | Navan Fort | Armagh | Belfast
- Visit the Navan Centre and Fort, one of Ireland’s most important archaeological sites in Armagh. Explore the St. Kilian’s Heritage Centre. Sing Mass at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in Armagh.
- Day 8 | Belfast | Giant’s Causeway
- Tour of Belfast along Falls Road, including the Bobby Sands Mural and Solidarity Wall. Visit Titanic Belfast, where the Titanic story comes to life. Visit Old Bushmills Distillery and drive along the famous Giant’s Causeway.
- Day 9 | Downpatrick | Boyne Valley | Dublin
- This morning is dedicated to Northern Ireland’s "St Patrick’s Country." See the site of St. Patrick’s grave at Down Cathedral. Continue through the Boyne Valley, a landscape full of passage tombs. Explore the ruins of Monasterboice. Sing for Mass at St. Mary’s Pro-Cathedral in Dublin.
- Day 10 | Return to the USA or Extension to Glasgow | Edinburgh
- Continuing flight to Glasgow for optional extension. Upon arrival, visit and explore Dumbarton Castle, overlooking the Clyde River. Continue to Edinburgh.
- Day 11 | Stirling Castle | Rosslyn Chapel
- Morning excursion to Stirling Castle, one of Scotland’s grandest. Visit Rosslyn Chapel, which was founded and served as a Catholic collegiate church until the Scottish Reformation. Sing for Mass at St. Mary’s Cathedral in Edinburgh.
- Day 12 | Highlights of Edinburgh | Farewell Dinner
- Highlight tour of Edinburgh includes Edinburgh Castle, St. Margaret’s Chapel, and St. Giles’ Cathedral, the principal place of worship of the Church of Scotland in Edinburgh. Take the Abbey tour at the Palace of Holyroodhouse. Festive farewell dinner at Prestonfield House.
- Day 13 | Return to the USA