10-Day Choir Tour | Grandeur of Spain and Fátima
Fátima | Ávila | El Escorial | Madrid | Segovia | Barcelona
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fátima
- Informal recital at El Escorial
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of San Miguel in Madrid
- Sung offering at the Shrine of Our Lady of Montserrat
- Informal concert at Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups, as well as daily liturgies if so desired.
Customize your itinerary by adding Toledo, Salamanca, Cordoba, Granada, Seville, Burgos, or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for Portugal
- Day 2 | Arrive in Lisbon | Fátima
- Welcome to Lisbon! Enjoy an orientation tour of Portugal’s capital city, including Lisbon Cathedral, the Monastery of St. Jerome, and the Belem Quarter. Celebrate Mass at the Church of St. Anthony. Continue to Fátima. Participate in the evening rosary and candlelight procession.
- Day 3 | Fátima
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fátima. Take a guided tour of Cova da Iria, including the prayer area, basilica, Colonnades, and Most Holy Trinity Church. Visit Aljustrel to see the homes of the children, and Valinhos where the Blessed Mother appeared to comfort and direct them.
- Day 4 | Fátima | Salamanca | Alba de Tormes | Ávila
- Leave Fátima for Salamanca and enjoy a guided city tour. Visit the Convent of the Annunciation in Alba de Tormes, founded by St Teresa of Ávila. Celebrate Mass at the Convent of the Annunciation. Continue to Ávila, the birthplace of St. Teresa.
- Day 5 | El Escorial | Madrid | Evening Concert
- Visit the Royal Monastery of the Incarnation, where St. Teresa lived as a Carmelite for 30 years. Celebrate Mass in the Chapel of the Transverberation. Continue to the Royal Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen in Madrid. Present an informal concert in El Escorial.
- Day 6 | Madrid | Flamenco Show
- Embark on a city tour of Madrid, including Puerta del Sol, the fountains of Neptune and Cibeles, Alcala Gate, Gran Via, Plaza de Espana, the Royal Palace, and the Prado Museum. Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Michael. Enjoy a festive evening with live entertainment and Flamenco dancing.
- Day 7 | Segovia | Zaragoza
- Leave Madrid for Segovia. Visit Vera Cruz Church and the Alcazár fortress. Continue to Zaragoza.
- Day 8 | Zaragoza | Montserrat | Barcelona
- Visit the Basilica of Our Lady of the Pillar, built to honor Our Lady’s appearance to St. James. Continue to the Abbey of Montserrat. Venerate the "miracle-working" statue of the Madonna and Child, known as La Moreneta. Present a choral offering to Our Lady of Montserrat. Continue to Barcelona.
- Day 9 | Highlights of Barcelona | Morning Concert
- This morning, visit Parc Güell. Present an informal concert at La Sagrada Familia. See Montjuih Hill, the Gothic Quarter with its magnificent cathedral, the Church of Santa Maria del Mar, the Palau de la Generalitat, the Town Hall, the Plaza Real, Avenue Paseo de Garcia, and Las Ramblas. Embark at Barcelona Pier for a panoramic cruise on the Mediterranean.
- Day 10 | Return Home