10-Day Pilgrimage | Southern Italy: Shores and Shrines
Naples | Amalfi | Capri | San Giovanni Rotondo | Rome
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection and devotions.
- Day 1 | Tuesday | Depart for Rome
- Day 2 | Wednesday | Arrive in Rome | Sorrento
- Benvenuti a Roma! Upon arrival, continue by coach to the coastal town of Sorrento, facing the Bay of Naples. Celebrate Mass at Sorrento Cathedral. Check-in at hotel in Vico Equense.
- Day 3 | Thursday | Island of Capri
- Celebrate Mass at St. Francis Church. Take a high-speed ferry to Capri Island in the Bay of Naples, famed for its rugged landscape and Blue Grotto. Enjoy a day at leisure! Shop in the Piazzetta and along Via Camerella. See the famous Faraglioni rock formations. Return to Sorrento.
- Day 4 | Friday | Pompeii
- Full-day excursion to Pompei. Explore the ancient Roman ruins of Pompeii, destroyed and buried in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. Celebrate Mass at the Shrine of the Virgin of the Rosary of Pompei. Return to Sorrento with afternoon at leisure.
- Day 5 | Saturday | Positano | Amalfi | San Giovanni Rotondo
- Drive along Amalfi coast road, famous for breathtaking views of the mountainous coastline and Mediterranean Sea. Stop in Positano and Amalfi. Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral of St. Andrew and visit the crypt and reliquary of St. Andrew. Continue to San Giovanni Rotondo.
- Day 6| Sunday | San Giovanni Rotondo | Monte Sant'Angelo
- Celebrate Mass at the Tomb of St. Padre Pio. Today is dedicated to sites associated with the life of the humble Capuchin Priest, St. Pio of Pietrelcina. Scenic drive through the Gargano Peninsula, projecting into the Adriatic Sea, to visit the Shrine of St. Michael the Archangel.
- Day 7 | Monday | Manoppello | Rome
- Leave San Giovanni Rotondo for Rome. Stop in the town of Manoppello for lunch. Visit the Sanctuary of Volto Santo (Sacred Face) and celebrate Mass at the Shrine. Continue to Rome.
- Day 8 | Tuesday | Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel | Afternoon at Leisure|Scavi Tour
- Celebrate Mass at the Tomb of St. Peter. Guided museum tour ends with a viewing of Michelangelo’s frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel and tour of St. Peter’s Basilica which houses his famous “Pieta” sculpture. Optional tour of the Scavi is subject to confirmation.
- Day 9 | Wednesday | Papal Audience | Papal Basilicas of Rome | Farewell Roman Dinner
- Attend the General Papal Audience held in St. Peter’s Square. Receive the Holy Father’s Apostolic Blessing. After the visit the Papal Basilicas of Rome: Basilica of St. Paul Outside-the-Walls, Archbasilica of St. John Lateran, and celebrate Mass at the Basilica of St. Mary Major. Evening celebration as we say farewell to Rome!
- Day 10 | Thursday | Return to the USA