10-Day Choir Tour | England's Anglican Heritage
London | Oxford | Cambridge | Ely | York | Durham | Edinburgh
- Concert at Southwark Cathedral in London
- Sung Service at the Church of St. Gregory the Great in Stratford-upon-Avon
- Concert at Ely Cathedral in Ely
- Concert at York Minster Cathedral in York
- Concert at Durham Cathedral in Durham
- Concert at St. Giles’ Cathedral in Edinburgh
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups, as well as daily liturgies for Roman Catholic groups if so desired.
Customize your itinerary by adding other U.K. cities or an extension to Ireland.
- Day 1 | Depart for England
- Day 2 | Arrive in London
- Welcome to London! Upon arrival, enjoy an orientation tour, seeing the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Downing Street, Trafalgar Square, Nelson’s Column, Piccadilly Circus, the London Eye, and Buckingham Palace.
- Day 3 | Highlights of London | Lunchtime Concert
- Tour St. Paul’s Cathedral and the Tower of London. Present a lunchtime concert at Southwark Cathedral. Visit Westminster Abbey, the setting for royal coronations since 1066. Attend Evensong at Westminster Abbey.
- Day 4 | Old Sarum | Stonehenge | Oxford
- Continue to Old Sarum, the original site of Salisbury, and Stonehenge, Britain’s most famous prehistoric monument. Proceed to the university town of Oxford and enjoy a walking tour, seeing St. Bede’s Hall, Trinity College, Christ Church Cathedral, and St. Clement’s Church. Visit Littlemore and Maryvale, where the first English Oratory was established, and Rednal, where Saint John Henry Newman was buried.
- Day 5 | Stratford | Cambridge
- Visit Stratford-upon-Avon, home of William Shakespeare, and visit the sites associated with his life. Sung Service at the Church of St. Gregory the Great. Continue to Cambridge and see the oldest college, Peterhouse; Trinity College; Queens College; and Kings College, with its 15th-century chapel, home to the Kings College Choir. Attend Evensong at King’s College Chapel.
- Day 6 | Ely | Lunchtime Concert | York
- Visit Ely, home of the magnificent cathedral known as the “Ship of the Fens.” Present a lunchtime concert at Ely Cathedral. Continue to York and see the home of St. Margaret Clitheroe, a Catholic martyr.
- Day 7 | York | Lunchtime Concert | Durham
- Tour York Minster Cathedral. Present a lunchtime concert at York Minster Cathedral. Continue to Durham. Free time to explore Durham on your own.
- Day 8 | Durham | Lunchtime Concert | Hexham | Rosslyn Chapel
- Visit Durham Cathedral. Present a lunchtime concert at Durham Cathedral. Continue to the small town of Hexham and see the 12th-century Hexham Abbey. Proceed to Edinburgh and visit Rosslyn Chapel, a 15th-century church in the village of Roslin.
- Day 9 | Highlights of Edinburgh | Lunchtime Concert
- Enjoy a highlight tour of Edinburgh and visit St. Giles’ Cathedral. Present a lunchtime concert at St. Giles’ Cathedral. Take a guided tour of Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Abbey, and the Palace of Holyroodhouse. Farewell dinner at a restaurant in Edinburgh.
- Day 10 | Return Home