9-Day Pilgrimage | California Mission Trail
San Francisco | Carmel | Santa Barbara | Los Angeles | San Diego
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
Customize your itinerary by adding other U.S. cities or destinations.
- Day 1 | Arrive in San Francisco
- Welcome to San Francisco! Free afternoon to explore San Francisco on your own.
- Day 2 | Highlights of San Francisco | Muir Woods
- Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption. After Mass, our city tour will take us by the Civic Center, Opera House, Twin Peaks, Golden Gate Park, Japanese Tea Garden, and the Presidio. Cross the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods. Free time for shopping and lunch in Sausalito.
- Day 3 | Mission San Juan Bautista | Carmel | Mission San Luis Obispo
- Celebrate Mass at the National Shrine of St. Francis of Assisi. Depart San Francisco for Mission San Juan Bautista. Continue to Carmel, stopping at a winery for a tour and tasting. Visit Mission San Carlos Borromeo in Carmel. Continue to San Luis Obispo.
- Day 4 | Mission San Luis Obispo | Old Mission Santa Barbara | Los Angeles
- Explore Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa. Continue to Santa Barbara, a spectacular Southern California coastal community. Celebrate Mass at Old Mission Santa Barbara. Continue to Los Angeles.
- Day 5 | Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels | Hollywood
- Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels. After Mass, enjoy a guided visit of the cathedral. Tour Beverly Hills and Hollywood, including TLC Chinese Theatre, the Walk of Fame, Avenue of the Stars, and Sunset and Wilshire Boulevards.
- Day 6 | Los Angeles
- Celebrate Mass at Christ Cathedral. After Mass, enjoy a guided visit of the cathedral. Free afternoon to explore Los Angeles on your own. Option to include a one-day ticket to Universal Studios or Disneyland.
- Day 7 | San Juan Capistrano | Mission San Luis Rey | San Diego
- Depart Los Angeles for San Juan Capistrano, the "Jewel of the Missions." Stop for a relaxing lunch in Dana Point. Continue to Oceanside. Celebrate Mass at Mission San Luis Rey. Continue to San Diego..
- Day 8 | Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcala
- Explore San Diego. Drive through Mission Bay Park and see Balboa Park. Celebrate Mass at Mission San Diego de Alcala, the “Mother of the California Missions.” Farewell dinner at a restaurant in San Diego.
- Day 9 | Return Home