10-Day Pilgrimage | Majestic Italy: Inspired by Her Saints
Venice | Florence | Assisi | Rome | Vatican City
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
- Day 1 | Depart for Venice
- Day 2 | Arrive in Venice | Padua
- Benvenuti a Venezia! Upon arrival, continue by coach to Padua. Celebrate Mass at the Pontifical Basilica of St. Anthony and see the Chapel of the Relics.
- Day 3 | Highlights of Venice
- Take a vaporetto to explore Venice’s hub of activity, “Piazza San Marco” and the other parts of the city known as “campi” (the fields). Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of San Marco.
- Day 4 | Highlights of Florence
- Depart Venice for Florence. Visit the Accademia with Michelangelo’s famous “David”, and Piazza Del Duomo to see the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Giotto’s Bell Tower, and Baptistery of St. John with the “Gates of Paradise”. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of the Holy Cross.
- Day 5 | Sites of St. Francis & Clare in Assisi
- Depart Florence for Assisi. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis. Other visits include the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli, with its "Porziuncola," and sites associated with the lives of St. Francis and St. Clare. Late afternoon, continue to Rome, the Eternal City.
- Day 6 | Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica | Imperial Rome
- Latin Mass at the Altar of the Chair in St. Peter's Basilica, followed by the Angelus in St. Peter’s Square, to pray and receive the Holy Father’s Apostolic Blessing. Guided site visits include the Church of St. Peter in Chains, the Ancient Roman Forum, Arch of Titus, Arch of Constantine, Colosseum perimeter, Trajan’s Column, and Market.
- Day 7 | Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel | St. Peter’s Basilica | Scavi Tour
- Celebrate Mass at the Tomb of St. Peter. Guided museum tour ends with a viewing of Michelangelo’s frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel and a tour of St. Peter’s Basilica, which houses his famous “Pieta” sculpture. Optional tour of the Scavi (subject to confirmation).
- Day 8 | Basilicas of Rome
- Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of St. Mary Major, the church that honors the divine motherhood of Mary. Continue to the Archbasilica of St. John Lateran, Scala Sancta, and Basilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure. You may want to shop for articles to be blessed at Wednesday’s Papal Audience.
- Day 9 | Papal Audience | Catacombs | Farewell Dinner
- Attend the General Papal Audience held in St. Peter’s Square. Receive the Holy Father’s Apostolic Blessing. After the audience explore Rome and her outskirts along the Old Appian Way. Visit the Basilica of St. Paul Outside-the-Walls and celebrate Mass at the Catacombs. Farewell dinner at a restaurant in Rome.
- Day 10 | Thursday | Return to the USA