10-Day Pilgrimage | Majestic Italy: Inspired by Her Saints
Venice | Padua | Florence | Assisi | Rome | Vatican City
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
Customize your itinerary by adding Milan, Ravenna, Orvieto, Siena, Monte Cassino, Capri, or other destinations or shrines.
- Day 1 | Depart for Italy
- Day 2 | Arrive in Venice | Padua
- Welcome to Venice! Upon arrival, continue to Padua. Visit the Pontifical Basilica of St. Anthony and see the Chapel of the Relics. Celebrate Mass.
- Day 3 | Highlights of Venice
- Take a vaporetto to explore Venice and its hub of activity, Piazza San Marco. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of San Marco.
- Day 4 | Highlights of Florence
- Depart Venice for Florence. Enjoy a guided tour of the city, including the Accademia, Piazza Del Duomo, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Giotto’s Bell Tower, and the Baptistery of St. John with its “Gates of Paradise.” Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of the Holy Cross.
- Day 5 | Sites of St. Francis and St. Clare in Assisi
- Depart Florence for Assisi. Celebrate Mass at the Tomb of St. Francis. Guided visits include the Basilica of St. Francis and the Basilica of St. Clare. See her relics and the San Damiano Cross. Continue to Rome.
- Day 6 | Tour of Imperial Rome
- Celebrate Mass at the Altar of the Chair in St. Peter's Basilica, followed by the Angelus in St. Peter’s Square. Tour Imperial Rome, including the Church of St. Peter in Chains, ancient Roman Forum, Arch of Titus, Arch of Constantine, perimeter of the Colosseum, Trajan’s Column, and the Market.
- Day 7 | Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel | St. Peter’s Basilica | Scavi Tour
- Celebrate Mass at the Tomb of St. Peter. Enjoy a guided tour of the Vatican Museums, ending with a viewing of Michelangelo’s frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel. Tour St. Peter’s Basilica, which houses his famous “Pietà.” Optional tour of the Scavi (subject to confirmation).
- Day 8 | Basilicas of Christian Rome
- Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of St. Mary Major. Continue to the Archbasilica of St. John Lateran, Scala Sancta, and the Basilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem. Free afternoon to explore Rome on your own.
- Day 9 | Papal Audience | Catacombs
- Attend the General Papal Audience held in St. Peter’s Square and receive the Holy Father’s Apostolic Blessing. Explore Rome and her outskirts along the Old Appian Way. Visit the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls. Celebrate Mass at the Catacombs. Farewell dinner at a restaurant in Rome.
- Day 10 | Return Home