9-Day Choir Tour | Authentic Austrian Advent
Vienna | Salzburg | Munich
This program includes the following venues:
- Christkindlmarkt at Rathausplatz (Christmas Market)
- Schönbrunn Christkindlmarkt (Christmas Market)
- Christkindlmarkt at Stephansplatz (Christmas Market)
- Salzburger Christkindlmarkt (Christmas Market)
- Sung Mass at Salzburg Cathedral, together with the Cathedral Choir and Orchestra under the direction of Prof. Janos Czifra
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Depart for Austria
- Day 2 | Welcome to Vienna!
- Arrive in Vienna, the music capital of the world.
- Day 3 | Highlights of Vienna | Christkindlmarkt at Rathausplatz | Schönbrunn Christkindlmarkt Concert
- Explore Imperial Vienna around the Ringtrasse. Stop at City Hall for lunch at Rathausplatz. Present an informal concert at the Christmas Market. Afternoon tour of Schönbrunn Palace, the former summer residence of the Habsburgs. Informal evening concert at Schönbrunn Christmas Market.
- Day 4 | St. Stephen’s Cathedral | Informal Recital at Christkindlmarkt at Stephansplatz
- Tour of St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Lunchtime concert at the cathedral or outdoor recital at the Christmas Market. Afternoon at leisure.
- Day 5 | Melk Abbey | Salzburg
- Depart Vienna for Melk Abbey, the baroque Benedictine monastery overlooking the Danube. International Advent Singing at Melk Abbey. Continue to Salzburg.
- Day 6 | Highlights of Salzburg | Salzburger Christkindlmarkt
- Stroll along the Getreidegasse, see the house where Mozart was born, and take in many familiar sights from The Sound of Music. Informal recital at the Christmas Market in Cathedral Square. Evening rehearsal with Prof. Janos Czifra at Salzburg Cathedral.
- Day 7 | Mass at Salzburg Cathedral | Neuschwanstein Castle | Munich
- Sing for 10:00 a.m. Mass at Salzburg Cathedral, together with the Cathedral Choir and Orchestra under the direction of Prof. Janos Czifra. After lunch, leave Salzburg for southern Bavaria to explore Neuschwanstein Castle. Late afternoon, continue to Munich.
- Day 8 | Highlights of Munich
- Explore Munich, the capital of Bavaria. Visit Marienplatz and see the famous Glockenspiel and twin-towered Frauenkirche. Afternoon at leisure. Farewell Dinner at Hofbrauhaus in Munich.
- Day 9 | Return to the USA