10-Day Choir Tour | Marian Shrines of Fátima, Spain, and Lourdes
Fátima | Santiago de Compostela | León | Ávila | Zaragoza | Lourdes
- Sung Mass at the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima
- Sung Mass in the Chapel of the Apparitions in Fátima
- Sung Mass at the Carmelite Monastery in Coimbra
- Concert at the Upper Basilica in Lourdes
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups, as well as daily liturgies if so desired.
Customize your itinerary by adding Toledo, Salamanca, Cordoba, Granada, Seville, Burgos, or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for Portugal
- Day 2 | Arrive in Lisbon | Fátima
- Welcome to Lisbon! Enjoy an orientation tour of Portugal’s capital city, including Lisbon Cathedral, St. Anthony's Church, the Monastery of St. Jerome, Belem Quarter, the Belem Tower, 25 April Bridge, and the Discoveries Monument. Arrive in Fátima. Sung Mass at the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima. Participate in the evening rosary and candlelight procession.
- Day 3 | Fátima | Valinhos | Aljustrel
- Sung Mass in the Chapel of the Apparitions. Take a guided tour of Cova da Iria, including the prayer area, basilica, Colonnades, and Most Holy Trinity Church. Visit Aljustrel to see the homes of the children, and Valinhos, where the Blessed Mother appeared to comfort and direct them.
- Day 4 | Coimbra | Santiago de Compostela
- From Fátima, drive north to Coimbra, where Sister Lucia lived until her death. Sung Mass at the Carmelite Monastery. Continue to Santiago de Compostela, the final destination of the medieval pilgrimage route known as The Way of St. James.
- Day 5 | Santiago de Compostela
- Travel along a partial segment of El Camino de Santiago. Arrive at the Cathedral of St. James, visit his tomb in the crypt, venerate the statue as an act of completing the pilgrimage route, and witness the swinging “botafumeiro.” Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral of St. James.
- Day 6 | Galicia | León | Ávila
- Continue on the pilgrim way into Galicia. Celebrate Mass in the Chapel of O’Cebreiro. Continue to León and visit the Old Town and the cathedral. Proceed to Ávila.
- Day 7 | Ávila | Zaragoza
- Visit St. Vincent’s Basilica, just outside the walls of Ávila. Tour the fortress-like Ávila Cathedral. Celebrate Mass at the Convent of the Incarnation. See the cell where St. Teresa lived. Depart Ávila for Zaragoza and visit the Basilica of Our Lady of the Pillar.
- Day 8 | Azpeitia (Loyola) | Lourdes
- Depart Zaragoza for Azpeitia and visit the Basilica of St. Ignatius and Loyola Castle, where St. Ignatius was born. Drive through the Pyrenees Mountains en route to Lourdes. Participate in the evening torchlight Marian procession.
- Day 9 | Highlights of Lourdes | Evening Concert
- Celebrate Mass at the Grotto. Embark on a walking tour of Lourdes Shrine and the places associated with the life of St. Bernadette. Free afternoon for private devotions, visiting the Grotto, baths, and confession. Present a concert at the Upper Basilica in Lourdes.
- Day 10 | Return Home