10-Day Choir Tour| Marian Shrines of Fatima & Lourdes
Fatima | Santiago de Compostela | Leon | Avila | Zaragoza | Lourdes
This program includes the following venues:
- Sing for the International Mass at Fatima Shrine
- Sing for Mass at the Chapel of the Apparitions in Fatima
- Concert at St. Francis Church in Santiago de Compostela
- Option: Concert in the Upper Basilica in Lourdes
All concert venues, Sung Masses and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Monday | Depart for Portugal
- Day 2 | Tuesday | Arrive in Lisbon | Fatima
- Bem-vindo a Portugal! Orientation tour of Portugal’s capital city including Lisbon Cathedral, St. Anthony's Church, Monastery of St. Jerome, Belem Quarter, the Belem Tower, Ponte 25 de Abril, and Discoveries Monument. Arrive in Fatima. Sing for Mass at the Shrine. Participate in the evening Rosary and candlelight procession.
- Day 3 | Wednesday | Fatima | Valinhos | Aljustrel
- Sing for Mass at the Little Chapel of Apparitions. Guided tour of Cova da Iria: Prayer area, Basilica, Colonnades and Most Holy Trinity Church. Visit Aljustrel to see the homes of the children, and Valinhos where the Blessed Mother appeared to comfort and direct the children.
- Day 4 | Thursday | Coimbra | Santiago de Compostela
- From Fatima, drive north to Coimbra. Sing for Mass at the Carmelite Monastery where Sister Lucia, lived until her death. This afternoon arrive in Santiago de Compostela, the final destination of the medieval pilgrimage route known as The Way of St. James (El Camino).
- Day 5 | Friday | Santiago de Compostela
- Travel along a partial segment of El Camino de Santiago. Arrive at the Cathedral of St. James and visit the Tomb of St. James in the crypt and venerate the statue as an act of completing the pilgrimage route. Participate at the Pilgrim Mass and witness the swinging “botafumeiro”.
- Day 6 | Saturday | El Camino de Santiago | Leon | Avila
- Continue on the pilgrim way into Galicia. Celebrate Mass at the Chapel of O’Cebreiro (Eucharistic Miracle). Continue to Leon, visit the Old Town and Cathedral. Overnight in Avila.
- Day 7 | Sunday | Avila | Zaragoza
- Visit St. Vincent’s Basilica just outside the walls of Avila. Visit the fortress-like Avila Cathedral. Celebrate Mass at the Convent of the Incarnation, and see the cell where St. Teresa lived. Depart Avila for Zaragoza where we will visit the Basilica of Our Lady of the Pillar.
- Day 8 | Monday | Azpeitia (Loyola) | Lourdes
- Depart Zaragoza. Stop in Azpeitia and visit the Basilica of St. Ignatius and Loyola Castle where St. Ignatius was born. Drive through the Pyrenees Mountains en route to Lourdes. Evening Torchlight Marian procession.
- Day 9 | Tuesday | Full Day in Lourdes
- Mass at the Grotto. Walking tour of Lourdes Shrine and the places associated with the life of St. Bernadette. This afternoon is free for private devotions, visiting the Grotto, baths and confession.
- Option to present a concert in the Upper Basilica.
- Day 10 | Wednesday | Return to the USA