10-Day Choir Tour | England's Methodist Heritage
Bristol | Bath | Oxford | Stratford | Chester | Lincoln | Cambridge | London
- Concert at Bishopston Methodist Church in Bristol
- Concert at the New Room in Bristol
- Concert at Wesley Methodist Church in Chester
- Concert at Wesley Memorial Methodist Church in Epworth
- Concert at Westminster Abbey in London
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups, as well as daily liturgies for Roman Catholic groups if so desired.
Customize your itinerary by adding other U.K. cities or an extension to Ireland.
- Day 1 | Depart for England
- Day 2 | Arrive in London | Salisbury | Bristol
- Welcome to London! Drive from London through Berkshire, across the sweeping Salisbury Plain. Pass Stonehenge and visit Avebury Stone Circle en route to Bristol.
- Day 3 | Bristol | Bath | Evening Concert
- Attend service at Victoria Methodist Church in Bristol. Guided tour of Bath includes Hanham Mount, where Wesley preached. Present an evening concert at Bishopston Methodist Church.
- Day 4 | Highlights of Bristol | Lunchtime Concert | Blenheim Palace | Oxford
- Enjoy a highlight tour of Bristol, including John Wesley’s house and chapel. Present a lunchtime concert at the New Room in Bristol. Visit Blenheim Palace, Lincoln College, and other Wesleyan-associated sites. Continue to Oxford.
- Day 5 | The Cotswolds | Witney | Stratford
- Drive through The Cotswolds to Witney. See the Church Green where Wesley preached. Tour Stratford-upon-Avon, the town of Shakespeare.
- Day 6 | Chester | Evening Concert
- Enjoy a scenic drive through Welsh country with an abundance of pretty villages, market towns, and medieval castles. Continue to Chester and visit Chester Cathedral. Present an evening concert at Wesley Methodist Church.
- Day 7 | Gainsborough | Epworth | Lunchtime Concert | Lincoln
- Tour Wesleyan sites, including the Old Hall in Gainsborough, the meeting place of early dissenters, later known as pilgrim fathers. Present a lunchtime concert at Wesley Memorial Methodist Church in Epworth, the birthplace of John and Charles Wesley. Continue to Lincoln.
- Day 8 | Cambridge | London
- Depart for London with a stop in Cambridge. Enjoy a walking tour, including Kings College Chapel, home to the famous Kings College Choir. Attend Evensong at Kings College Chapel.
- Day 9 | Highlights of London | Lunchtime Concert
- Tour Wesleyan sites in London, including Aldersgate, Wesley’s Chapel, his home, and his gravesite. Tour city sites, including the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square, the exterior of Buckingham Palace, and St. Paul's Cathedral. Present a lunchtime concert at Westminster Abbey. Farewell dinner at a restaurant near Trafalgar Square.
- Day 10 | Return Home