10-Day Pilgrimage | Scotland & England
Edinburgh | Durham | York | Stratford | Oxford | London
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
Customize your itinerary by adding other U.K. cites.
- Day 1 | Depart for Scotland
- Day 2 | Arrive in Edinburgh | Rosslyn Chapel
- Welcome to Edinburgh! Tour Rosslyn Chapel, “a Bible in Stone.”
- Day 3 | Highlights of Edinburgh | Highlights of Edinburgh | Palace of Holyroodhouse
- Celebrate Mass at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church. Explore Edinburgh, traveling along Princes Street and the Royal Mile. See the home of John Knox and St. Giles’ Cathedral. Visit Edinburgh Castle and St. Margaret’s Chapel, where Scotland’s royals once worshipped. Tour the Palace of Holyroodhouse, official residence of the British Royal Family in Edinburgh.
- Day 4 | Durham | York
- Continue south into England to the historic city of Durham. Visit Durham Castle, occupied since 1837 by University College. Proceed to the city of York.
- Day 5 | York
- Visit York Oratory, one of the most elaborately finished Catholic churches in England. Celebrate Mass at the York Oratory of St. Wilfrid. Visit York’s medieval streets, known as the “Shambles,” and see the famous house of St. Margaret Clitherow. Tour York Minister Cathedral, with the largest surviving collection of medieval stained-glass in England, and the Bar Convent, England’s oldest living convent.
- Day 6 | York | Rievaulx Abbey | Castle Howard
- Visit Rievaulx Abbey, the impressive ruins of one of England’s most powerful Cistercian monasteries, and the museum telling the story of the abbey’s rise and fall. Visit Castle Howard, a magnificent stately house used in movies and TV shows. Evening concert at the York Oratory of St. Wilfrid.
- Day 7 | Stratford | Oxford
- Visit Stratford-upon-Avon, the town of Shakespeare. Continue through the picturesque Cotswolds to Oxford and visit Wolvercote Cemetery, the final resting place of J.R.R. Tolkien. Celebrate Mass at the Catholic Church of Saints Gregory and Augustine.
- Day 8 | Oxford | Windsor Castle | London
- Enjoy a walking tour of Oxford, including Trinity College, Christ Church Cathedral, and Oriole College. Celebrate Mass at the Oratory Church of St. Aloysius Gonzaga. Continue to London, with a stop to visit Royal Windsor. Visit the royal state apartments and St. George’s Chapel.
- Day 9 | Highlights of London
- Enjoy an orientation tour of London, passing the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Nelson’s Column, Piccadilly Circus, and the London Eye. See the Mall, Buckingham Palace, and the Church of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, known as Brompton Oratory. Visit the Tyburn Convent and Shrine, dedicated to the Catholic Martyrs who gave witness to their faith during the Reformation. Pass by the House of Commons en route to St. Paul’s (Anglican) Cathedral, seat of the Bishop of London, and the Tower of London. Celebrate Mass at Immaculate Conception (Farm Street) Church.
- Day 10 | Return Home