10-Day Pilgrimage | Heart of France
La Salette | Ars | Paray-le-Monial | Chartres | Lisieux | Rouen | Paris
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
Customize your itinerary by adding Geneva and Annecy, featuring St. Francis de Sales and St. Jane Frances de Chantal, or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for France
- Day 2 | Arrive in Paris | Lyon | La Salette
- Welcome to Paris! Connect at Charles de Gaulle Airport for the continuing flight to Lyon. Proceed to La Salette and visit the Sanctuary of Our Lady of La Salette. Celebrate Mass at the Sanctuary.
- Day 3 | Ars | Paray-le-Monial
- Visit the town of Ars and the Shrine of St. John Vianney, patron saint of priests. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of Ars. Continue to Paray-le-Monial, where the apparitions of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary took place. Visit the great medieval church and, with time permitting, walk and pray the Stations of the Cross.
- Day 4 | Nevers | Chartres
- Continue to Nevers and visit St. Gildard’s Convent. Pray before the uncorrupted body of St. Bernadette, preserved in the chapel. Celebrate Mass at the Sanctuary of Nevers. Continue to Chartres and visit the Cathedral of Our Lady of Chartres.
- Day 5 | Alençon | Pontmain | Lisieux
- Visit Alençon; see the house where St. Thérèse was born; and tour Notre-Dame Basilica, where her parents were married. Continue to Pontmain. Celebrate Mass at Our Lady of Hope Basilica in Pontmain. Proceed to Lisieux.
- Day 6 | Normandy
- Celebrate Mass at the Church of Notre Dame de la Paix in Sainte-Mere-Eglise. Visit Normandy and the D-Day landing sites, with a prayer service in the American Cemetery and Memorial.
- Day 7 | Lisieux | Rouen | Paris
- Visit the Basilica of St. Thérèse, the Crypt, and the Cathedral of St. Peter. Continue to “Les Buisonnets,” the childhood home of St. Thérèse. Visit Rouen, filled with poignant reminders of Joan of Arc. Celebrate Mass at Rouen Cathedral. Proceed to Paris.
- Day 8 | Shrines of Paris
- Begin the day with a visit to Rue de Bac. Celebrate Mass at the Shrine of the Miraculous Medal. Continue to the Shrine of St. Vincent DePaul and venerate his saintly remains. Proceed to the Ile de la Cité and visit Notre-Dame Cathedral (subject to confirmation). Tour Sainte-Chapelle, with its unique stained-glass windows. Free afternoon to explore Paris on your own.
- Day 9 | Medieval Paris and Montmartre | Seine River Cruise
- Enjoy a highlight tour of Paris, including the Eiffel Tower, Champs-Élysées, Arc de Triômphe, Tomb of Napoleon, Place de la Concorde, Opéra, Bastille Square, and the Place des Vosges. Continue to Montmartre to visit Artist Square and Sacré-Coeur Basilica. Celebrate Mass at Sacré-Coeur Basilica. Enjoy a farewell dinner and cruise along the Seine River.
- Day 10 | Return Home