9-Day USA Choir Tour | California Mission Trail
San Francisco | Carmel | Santa Barbara | Los Angeles | San Diego
This program includes the following venues:
- Recital at the Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption in San Francisco.
- Option to sing for Mass
- Sung Mass at the National Shrine of St. Francis of Assisi in San Francisco
- Recital at Mission San Carlos Borromeo del Rio Carmelo
- Informal Recital at Old Mission Santa Barbara
- Recital at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in San Los Angeles
- Option to sing for Mass
- Informal Recital at Christ Cathedral in Garden Grove
- Informal Recital at Old Mission San Luis Rey in Oceanside
- Formal Concert at Mission San Diego de Alcala
All concert venues, Sung Masses and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Friday | Arrive in San Francisco
- A Peter’s Way Tours escort will meet your group and assist with a transfer to hotel in San Francisco. The afternoon is at leisure.
- Day 2 | Saturday | Highlights of San Francisco | Muir Woods
- City tour will take you by the Civic Center, Opera House, Twin Peaks, Golden Gate Park, Japanese Tea Garden and the Presidio. Cross the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods. Free time for shopping and lunch in Sausalito. Recital at the Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption.
- Day 3 | Sunday | San Juan Bautista | Recital in Carmel | San Luis Obispo
- Sunday Mass at the National Shrine of St. Francis of Assisi. Visit Mission San Juan Bautista. Continue to Carmel, stopping at a winery for a tour and sampling. Afternoon recital at Mission San Carlos Borromeo in Carmel. Evening arrival in San Luis Obispo.
- Day 4 | Monday | San Luis Obispo | Recital in Santa Barbara |Los Angeles
- Explore Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa then continue our journey to Santa Barbara, a spectacular Southern California coastal community. Informal recital at Old Mission Santa Barbara. Continue to Los Angeles.
- Day 5 | Tuesday | Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels | Hollywood
- Guided visit at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels. Present a noon recital for the local community and visitors to the Cathedral. Tour of Beverly Hills and Hollywood includes TLC Chinese Theatre, Walk of Fame, Avenue of the Stars, Sunset and Wilshire boulevards.
- Day 6 | Wednesday | Los Angeles | Recital at Christ Cathedral
- Guided visit at Christ Cathedral and presentation of informal recital. The afternoon is at leisure in Los Angeles. (Option to include a one-day ticket to Universal Studios or Disneyland.)
- Day 7 | Thursday | San Juan Capistrano | Mission San Luis Rey | San Diego
- Depart Los Angeles for San Juan Capistrano, the "Jewel of the Missions". Stop for a relaxing lunch in Dana Point. Continue to Oceanside and Mission San Luis Rey. Informal recital at Mission San Luis Rey. Overnight in San Diego.
- Day 8 | Friday | Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcala | Evening Concert
- Explore San Diego! Drive through Mission Bay Park and see Balboa Park. Visit Mission San Diego de Alcala, the “Mother of the California Missions”. Formal Concert at Mission San Diego de Alcala.
- Day 9 | Saturday | Return Home