10-Day Pilgrimage | Prague, Austria, and Germany
Prague | Vienna | Mariazell | Salzburg | Munich
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
Customize your itinerary by adding Lucerne, Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow, Budapest, or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for the Czech Republic
- Day 2 | Arrive in Prague
- Welcome to Prague! Enjoy an orientation tour of the “City of 100 Spires.” Celebrate Mass at the Loreto Sanctuary, a pilgrimage destination in the Castle District.
- Day 3 | Highlights of Prague
- Enjoy a highlight tour of Prague, including Hradčany, St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague Castle, and Mala Strana. Celebrate Mass at the Church of Our Lady Victorious. Venerate the miraculous statue of the Infant Jesus of Prague. Cross the Charles Bridge to see the Old Town Square, Jewish Quarter, Old Town Hall, the Astronomical Clock, the Church of Our Lady Before Týn, and St. Nicholas Church.
- Day 4 | Melk Abbey | Vienna
- Leave Prague for a scenic drive through the Danube Valley to Melk Abbey, the baroque Benedictine monastery overlooking the Danube. Celebrate Mass at the abbey. Continue to Vienna.
- Day 5 | Imperial Vienna | Schönbrunn Palace
- Celebrate Mass at St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Drive around the Ringtrasse and see Hofburg Palace, the Capuchin Church, St. Charles Church, Belvedere Palace, the Vienna Opera, museums, the House of Parliament, City Hall, and the Burgtheater. This afternoon, tour Schönbrunn Palace.
- Day 6 | Mariazell | Salzkammergut | Salzburg
- Depart Vienna and drive across the spectacular forested mountains to Mariazell, the pilgrimage center in Austria dedicated to the Blessed Mother. Celebrate Mass at the Shrine of Our Lady of Mariazell. Continue to Salzburg through Austria’s Lake District (Salzkammergut). Stop to visit St. Michael’s in Mondsee, the church used for the famous wedding scene in The Sound of Music.
- Day 7 | Highlights of Salzburg | The Sound of Music Tour
- Celebrate Mass at the Shrine of Maria Plain in Salzburg. Enjoy a morning tour of Salzburg. Visit the basilica, stroll along the Getreidegasse, see the house where Mozart was born, and take in many familiar sights from The Sound of Music. Festive dinner at a biergärten in Salzburg.
- Day 8 | Marktl am Inn | Altöttling | Munich
- Visit Marktl am Inn, the birthplace of Pope Benedict XVI. Continue to the pilgrimage town of Altötting, known as the "Lourdes of Germany." The Shrine of Our Lady of Altötting is the national shrine of Bavaria dedicated to the Blessed Mother, where Benedict XVI came in his youth. Celebrate Mass at the shrine. Continue to Munich.
- Day 9 | Highlights of Munich | Dachau
- Explore Munich, the capital of Bavaria. Visit Marienplatz and see the world-famous Glockenspiel. Celebrate Mass at the Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche). Afternoon visit to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site.
- Day 10 | Return Home