9-Day Pilgrimage | Shrines of France
Lourdes | Ars | Paray-le-Monial | Chartres | Lisieux | Paris
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
- Day 1 | Depart for France
- Day 2 | Arrive in Paris | Lourdes
- Bienvenue à Paris! Connect at Charles de Gaulle airport for the short flight to Pau Pyrenees Airport. Transfer to the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes. Celebrate Mass before dinner and join in the evening candlelight Marian procession.
- Day 3 | Full Day in Lourdes
- Celebrate Mass at the Grotto. Walking tour of Lourdes Shrine and the places associated with the life of St. Bernadette. This afternoon is free for private devotions, visiting the Grotto, baths, and confession.
- Day 4 | Lyon | Ars | Paray-le-Monial
- Flight to Lyon. Tour the impressive Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière and the ancient Chapel of the Virgin. Continue to Ars and the Shrine of St. John Vianney. Celebrate Mass in the Basilica at Ars. Continue to Paray-le-Monial.
- Day 5 | Paray-le-Monial | Nevers | Chartres
- Celebrate Mass in the Chapel of the Visitation, the actual place where the apparitions of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary took place. See the body of Bernadette, preserved in the chapel of the prior Convent of St. Gildard of Nevers. Continue to Chartres and visit the Notre Dame Cathedral. Walking the labyrinth is permitted on Fridays.
- Day 6 | Chartres | Alençon | Normandy
- Depart Chartres for Alençon to visit the home of Saints Louis and Zélie Martin, parents of St. Thérèse. Celebrate Mass in the Chapel of the Martin Family Home. Visit Normandy and D-Day landing sites, with prayer service in the American Cemetery and Memorial. Continue to Paris.
- Day 7 | Lisieux | Paris
- Visits include "Les Buisonnets," St. Peter’s Cathedral, the present-day convent chapel of the Carmelite Sisters of Lisieux, and the impressive basilica and its crypt dedicated to “The Little Flower.” Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of St. Thérèse. Continue to Paris.
- Day 8 | Shrines of Paris | Highlight Tour
- Celebrate Mass at the Shrine of the Miraculous Medal. Visit the Shrine of St. Vincent de Paul and the resting place of St. Peter Julian Eymard, “Apostle of the Eucharist.” Highlights of Paris include Notre Dame Cathedral, Sainte-Chapelle, Eiffel Tower, Champs-Élysées, Arc de Triômphe, Tomb of Napoleon, Place de la Concorde, Opéra, Bastille Square, and the Place des Vosges.
- Day 9 | Return to the USA