10-Day Pilgrimage | In The Footsteps of Jesus
Nazareth | Cana | Sea of Galilee | Jerusalem | Bethlehem | Ein Karem | Emmaus
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
Customize your itinerary by adding an extension to Mount Nebo, Petra, and Amman.
- Day 1 | Depart for the Holy Land
- Day 2 | Arrive in Tel Aviv | Netanya
- Welcome to Tel Aviv! Continue to Netanya on the Mediterranean Sea.
- Day 3 | Caesarea | Mt. Carmel | Bethsaida | Magdala
- Tour Caesarea by the Sea, the site of an early Christian community; Mt. Carmel; and the Stella Maris Monastery. Continue to Bethsaida and Chorazin, and see the remains of an ancient synagogue where Jesus walked and preached. End the day in Magdala, the hometown of Mary Magdalene. Celebrate Mass at the Duc In Altum Church (the boat chapel in Magdala).
- Day 4 | Sea of Galilee | Cana | Nazareth
- Enjoy a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee. Visit the Church of the Multiplication and the Church of the Primacy of Peter. Continue to Capernum to visit the house of Peter’s mother-in-law and the first-century synagogue where Jesus taught and performed miracles. Ascend the Mt. of Beatitudes, where Jesus delivered the Sermon on the Mount. Visit Cana of Galilee, where Jesus performed his first public miracle. Married couples will have the opportunity to renew their marriage vows. Continue to Nazareth and visit the Basilica of the Annunciation. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of the Annunciation.
- Day 5 | Mount Tabor | Samaria-Sebastia | Jerusalem
- This morning, ascend Mount Tabor. Celebrate Mass at the Church of the Transfiguration. Continue to Samaria-Sebastia and stop at Jacob’s Well, where Jesus met the Samaritan woman. Continue up to Jerusalem, passing Shiloah, where the Ark of Covenant was kept.
- Day 6 | Masada | Qumran | Baptismal Site on the Jordan River
- Celebrate Mass at the Church of the Agony in the Garden of Gethsemane. Visit the ruins of Herod’s fortress atop Masada. Continue to the Dead Sea and enjoy a panoramic view of Ein Gedi before visiting Qumran, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found. Stop at the baptismal site on the Jordan River, where there will be the opportunity to renew your baptismal vows. Continue to Jericho and the Mount of Temptation. On the way back to Jerusalem, stop at Bethany and visit the traditional tomb of Lazarus.
- Day 7 | Old City | Mount of Olives | Mount Zion
- Walk along the ramparts of the Old City of Jerusalem to St. Stephen’s Gate, the Church of St. Anne, and the Pools of Bethesda. Continue to the Convent of the Sisters of Zion and see the arch of “Ecce Homo” and the Lithostrotos. Explore the area of the Holy Sepulchre. Continue to the Mount of Olives, visit the Church of the Pater Noster, and walk the Palm Sunday path. Visit the Church of All Nations. Celebrate Mass in the Garden of Gethsemane. Drive to Mount Zion to visit the Upper Room, the tomb of King David, and Dormition Abbey. Continue to the House of the High Priests and the Church of St. Peter in Galicantu.
- Day 8 | Bethlehem | Ein Karem
- Begin the day in Bethlehem, visit Shepherd’s Field, and see the traditional birthplace of Jesus in the Basilica of the Nativity. Celebrate Mass in one of the Grotto chapels beneath the Basilica of the Nativity. Visit Ein Karem and see the Church of the Visitation.
- Day 9 | Via Crucis and Holy Sepulchre | Emmaus
- Celebrate Mass in the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament at the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre. Tour the basilica, with the opportunity to enter and exit the empty tomb. Visit Emmaus, where the resurrected Christ appeared to His disciples; the Church of Our Lady of the Arc of the Covenant; and the Israel Museum, which houses the Dead Sea Scrolls. Farewell dinner in Jerusalem.
- Day 10 | Return Home
- + Day 11–12 | Jordan
- To include Jordan, add two days. Continue across the border and travel to Mount Nebo to stand where Moses stood. Celebrate Mass at the Franciscan Church on Mount Nebo. Continue to Madaba and see mosaics from the time of Justinian. Continue to Petra and visit the ancient city. Explore the capital city of Amman. Celebrate Mass at the Church of the Sacred Heart in Amman.