10-Day Pilgrimage | In The Footsteps of Jesus
Jaffa | Mt. Carmel | Akko | Sea of Galilee | Nazareth | Jerusalem | Bethlehem | Nazareth | Ein Karem | Emmaus
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
- Day 1 | Depart for the Holy Land
- Day 2 | Arrive in Tel Aviv | Jaffa | Netanya
- Welcome to the Land of the Bible! Celebrate Mass at St. Peter’s Church in Jaffa. Continue to Netanya, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
- Day 3 | Caesarea Maritima | Mt. Carmel | Akko | Caesarea Philippi
- Drive north from Netanya, stopping at Caesarea by the Sea. Celebrate Mass at Stella Maris Monastery on the slopes of Mt. Carmel. Visit the ancient walled Crusader city of Akko, then continue north to Caesarea Philippi and Banias at the source of the Jordan River.
- Day 4 | Cana | Nazareth | Shores of Galilee
- Visit the Wedding Church in Cana, where couples can renew their marriage vows. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of the Annunciation in Nazareth. See St. Joseph’s workshop, Mary’s Well, and Church of the Old Synagogue. Visit places associated with Jesus’ public ministry, including the Mt. of Beatitudes, Capernaum, and Tabgha. Boat ride and sunset on the Sea of Galilee.
- Day 5 | Magdala | Mt. Tabor | Jordan Valley | Jericho | Jerusalem
- Celebrate Mass in the Boat Chapel at the Magdala Center. Continue to the site of the Transfiguration. Then, drive south through the Jordan Valley, a desert blooming with flowers, fruits, and vegetables. In Jericho, see a centuries-old Sycamore tree. Continue “Up to Jerusalem!”
- Day 6 | Mount of Olives | Mount Zion | Bethlehem
- From the summit of the Mount of Olives, walk to the Garden of Gethsemane. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of the Agony. Continue to the Church of St. Peter-in-Gallicantu, built on the site of the Palace of Caiaphas. Bethlehem visits include Shepherds’ Field, the Basilica of the Nativity, grottos, and Manger Square.
- Day 7 | Bethany | Wilderness of Judea | Masada | Dead Sea
- Celebrate Mass at the Church of Lazarus in Bethany. Continue south into the Judean Wilderness. Take a cable car ride to the Masada desert fortress. Have lunch in the area of Qumran and float in the Dead Sea.
- Day 8 | Old City of Jerusalem | Ein Karem
- Walking tour of the old city, including the Western Wall, Temple Mount, and Jewish Quarter. Celebrate Mass at the Church of the Visitation in Ein Karem, and visit the birthplace of St. John the Baptist. Optional visits to Yad Vashem and the Israel Museum.
- Day 9 | Via Crucis | Emmaus
- Visit the Church of St. Anne and the Pools of Bethesda. Begin the Via Crucis in the Chapel of Flagellation. Carry the cross, stopping at each station, to the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre.Celebrate Mass in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. The pilgrimage concludes in Emmaus. Farewell dinner, then transfer to the airport for an overnight flight.
- Day 10 | Return to the USA