Cantus Salisburgensis | International Choir and Orchestra Festival
Salzburg, Austria | Annually in July
- Day 1 | Arrive in Salzburg | Rehearsal
- Morning arrival in Salzburg. Rehearse for the Sunday morning Mass at Salzburg Cathedral under the direction of Prof. Janos Czifra. Afterwards, experience a buffet dinner and cultural exchange of all participating groups and musicians. Informational meeting for the conductors and choir directors together with the festival's organizational and artistic committees.
- Day 2 | Rehearsal | Cantus Salisburgensis Concert of Nations
- Rehearsal for the evening Concert of Nations at the Mozarteum Hall. Optional guided city tours or excursions. Evening Concert of Nations. Each group will present up to 12 minutes of secular and/or folk music. Compulsory pieces will be sung by all at the beginning and end of the concert.
- Day 3 | Afternoon Tour | Evening Solo Concert
- Explore the village of Zell am See. This evening, each group will present a solo 40-minute concert of their own repertoire at Ferdinand Porsch Hall.
- Day 4 | High Mass at Salzburg Cathedral | Farewell Dinner
- Morning rehearsal followed by sung Mass at Salzburg Cathedral. Optional guided city tours or excursions. Farewell dinner for all participating groups with Austrian folk music and dancing. Each group is invited to present one or two numbers from their own country.
- Day 5 | Return to the USA
Have Peter's Way incorporate this festival into your customized performance tour of the region! If you and your choir are interested in extending your stay in Europe, we will be glad to make arrangements for you. Possible extensions to Munich, Salzburg, Budapest, Prague, and other cities are available. Peter’s Way can make additional concert arrangements upon request.