9-Day Choir Tour | Southern Italy
Naples | Sorrento | Positano | Amalfi | Pompeii | Rome | Vatican City | Assisi
- Sung Mass at the Cathedral of St. Andrew in Amalfi
- Sung Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica
- Concert at the Church of St. Ignatius in Rome
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
- Informal singing at the Papal Audience in St. Peter’s Square
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. These itineraries can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups, as well as daily liturgies if so desired.
Customize your itinerary by adding Florence, Padua, Venice, Milan, Ravenna, Orvieto, Siena, Monte Cassino, Capri, or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for Italy
- Day 2 | Arrive in Naples
- Welcome to Naples! Enjoy a panoramic tour of the city, passing Mergellina, Castel dell’Ovo, Plebiscito Square, The Royal Palace, and the Maschio Angioino. Take in the famous view of the city, the bay, and Mount Vesuvius. Visit the Duomo di San Gennaro and the blood miracle of St. Januarius.
- Day 3 | Amalfi Towns
- Visit Sorrento, Positano, and the town of Amalfi. Sung Mass at the Cathedral of St. Andrew in Amalfi. Continue to visit the Amalfi towns of Minori, Ravello, and Salerno.
- Day 4 | Pompeii | Rome
- Explore the well-preserved remains of the ancient city of Pompeii, destroyed and buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D. Continue to Rome. Sung Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Day 5 | Imperial Rome | Sunday Angelus | Evening Concert
- Tour Imperial Rome, including the Church of St. Peter in Chains, the Roman Forum, Arch of Titus, Arch of Constantine, perimeter of the Colosseum, Trajan’s Column, and the Market. Pray the Angelus with the Holy Father in St. Peter’s Square and receive his Apostolic Blessing. Present a formal concert at the Church of St. Ignatius.
- Day 6 | Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Vatican Museums, ending with a viewing of Michelangelo’s frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel. Tour St. Peter’s Basilica, which houses his famous sculpture, “Pietà.” Free afternoon to explore Rome on your own.
- Day 7 | Sites of St. Francis and St. Clare in Assisi
- Full-day excursion to Assisi. Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi. Visit the Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels with its Porziuncola, and the sites associated with St. Francis and St. Clare. Return to Rome.
- Day 8 | Papal Audience | Catacombs
- Sing at the General Papal Audience held in St. Peter’s Square. After the audience, explore Rome and its outskirts along the Old Appian Way. Visit the Basilica of St. Paul Outside-the-Walls and the Catacombs. Farewell dinner at a restaurant in Rome.
- Day 9 | Return Home