8-Day Choir Tour | Heart of Italy
Rome | Vatican City | Assisi
This program includes the following venues:
- Sung Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica
- Formal Concert at the Church of St. Ignatius of Loyola in Rome
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
- Informal singing with pilgrims at Papal Audience
All concert venues, Sung Masses and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Thursday | Depart for Italy
- Day 2 | Friday | Arrive in Rome
- Benvenuti a Roma! Orientation tour of the “Eternal City” upon arrival.
- Day 3 | Saturday | Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel | Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica
- Guided museum tour ends with a viewing of Michelangelo’s frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel and tour of St. Peter’s Basilica which houses his famous “Pieta” sculpture. Sung Mass at the Altar of the Chair.
- Day 4 | Sunday | Imperial Rome | Sunday Angelus | Evening Concert
- Visits include Church of St. Peter in Chains, the Ancient Roman Forum, Arch of Titus, Arch of Constantine, Colosseum perimeter, Trajan’s Column and Market. Pray the Angelus with the Holy Father in St. Peter’s Square and receive his Apostolic Blessing. Present a formal concert for the citizens of Rome at the Church of St. Ignatius, an exclusive venue.
- Day 5 | Monday | Basilicas of Rome | Afternoon at Leisure
- Tour of Christian Rome includes the Basilica of St. Mary Major, Archbasilica of St. John Lateran, Scala Sancta, and Basilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure (shopping for articles to be blessed at Wednesday’s Papal Audience is recommended).
- Day 6 | Tuesday | Sites of St Francis & Clare in Assisi
- Full day excursion (2.5-hour drive) to Assisi. Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi. Other visits include the Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels, with its Porziuncola, and sites associated with the lives of St. Francis and St. Clare. Return to Rome.
- Day 7 | Wednesday | Papal Audience | Catacombs | Farewell Dinner
- Sing with other pilgrims at the General Papal Audience held in St. Peter’s Square. After the audience explore Rome and her outskirts along the Old Appian Way. Visit the Basilica of St. Paul Outside-the-Walls and the Catacombs. Evening celebration as we say farewell to Rome!
- Day 8 | Thursday | Return to the USA