8-Day Choir Tour | Heart of Italy
Rome | Vatican City | Assisi
This program includes the following venues:
- Sung Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica
- Formal concert at the Church of St. Ignatius of Loyola in Rome
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
- Informal singing with pilgrims at Papal Audience
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Depart for Italy
- Day 2 | Arrive in Rome
- Benvenuti a Roma! Orientation tour of the “Eternal City” upon arrival.
- Day 3 | Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel | Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica
- Guided tour of the Vatican Museums, ending with a viewing of Michelangelo’s frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel and a tour of St. Peter’s Basilica, which houses his famous scuplture, “Pieta.” Sung Mass at the Altar of the Chair in St. Peter's Basilica.
- Day 4 | Imperial Rome | Sunday Angelus | Evening Concert
- Tour imperial Rome, including the Church of St. Peter in Chains, Roman Forum, Arch of Titus, Arch of Constantine, outside of the Colosseum, Trajan’s Column, and Market. Pray the Angelus with the Holy Father in St. Peter’s Square and receive his Apostolic Blessing. Present a formal concert for the citizens of Rome at the Church of St. Ignatius, an exclusive venue.
- Day 5 | Basilicas of Christian Rome
- Tour of Christian Rome, including the Basilica of St. Mary Major, Archbasilica of St. John Lateran, Scala Sancta, and Basilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure. You may want to shop for articles to be blessed at Wednesday’s Papal Audience.
- Day 6 | Sites of St Francis & St. Clare in Assisi
- Full-day excursion to Assisi. Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi. Visit the Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels with its Porziuncola, and the sites associated with the lives of St. Francis and St. Clare. Return to Rome.
- Day 7 | Papal Audience | Catacombs | Farewell Dinner
- Sing with other pilgrims at the General Papal Audience held in St. Peter’s Square. After the audience, explore Rome and its outskirts, along the Old Appian Way. Visit the Basilica of St. Paul Outside-the-Walls and the Catacombs. Farewell dinner at a restaurant in Rome.
- Day 8 | Return to the USA