10-Day Pilgrimage | Life and Legacy of St. John Paul II
Warsaw | Czestochowa | Krakow | Wadowice | Kalwaria | Auschwitz | Zakopane | Wieliczka | Niepokolanow
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection and devotions.
- Day 1 | Sunday | Depart for Poland
- Day 2 | Monday | Arrive in Warsaw
- Witamy w Polsce! Orientation tour by coach. Mass at a Church in Warsaw.
- Day 3 | Tuesday | Czestochowa | Krakow
- Visit Częstochowa, the national shrine of Poland, known for its miraculous Icon of Our Lady of Częstochowa. Celebrate Mass in the Chapel of the Black Madonna at Jasna Góra Monastery.
- Day 4 | Wednesday | Wadowice | Kalwaria
- Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Wojtla family parish Church. See sites associated with the young life of Karol Józef Wojtyła. Visit Kalwaria, the Marian shrine where Karol's lifelong devotion to the Virgin began after the loss of his mother.
- Day 5 | Thursday | Auschwitz
- Experience the most infamous Nazi concentration camp and see St. Maximillian Kolbe’s cell. In Harmeze, visit the Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception and the Centre of St. Maximilian Kolbe. Celebrate Mass at the Franciscan Friary in Harmeze.
- Day 6 | Friday | “Divine Mercy Shrine”
- The morning is dedicated to the Shrine of Divine Mercy in Kraków-Łagiewniki. Pray before the miraculous image of Merciful Jesus and the tomb of St. Faustina. Mass at Shrine of The Divine Mercy. Afternoon at leisure in Krakow.
- Day 7 | Saturday | Zakopane
- Adventure to the Tatra Mountians, where as a youth Karol Wojtyla spent time hiking and skiing, and as a priest brought young people on excursions. Mass at the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima in Krzeptowki.
- Day 8 | Sunday | Wieliczka Salt Mines | Highlights of Krakow
- In the oldest Salt Mine in Europe see magnificent chapels and religious sculptures carved in salt. Celebrate Mass in the underground chapel dedicated to St John Paul II.
- Day 9 | Monday | Niepokolanow | Warsaw
- Visit Niepokalanow monastery, where St. Maximillian Kolbe initiated the City of the Immaculate Mother of God. Celebrate Mass in the Basilica of the Omni-mediatress of All Glories. Both were visited by St. John Paul II during his second Pastoral Visit in Poland, on June 18, 1983.
- Day 10 | Tuesday | Return to the USA