10-Day Pilgrimage | Life and Legacy of St. John Paul II
Warsaw | Częstochowa | Krakow | Wadowice | Kalwaria | Auschwitz | Zakopane | Wieliczka | Niepokolanów
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
Customize your itinerary by adding Budapest, Prague, Vienna, Rome, or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for Poland
- Day 2 | Arrive in Warsaw
- Welcome to Warsaw! Enjoy an orientation tour of the city. Celebrate Mass at a church in Warsaw.
- Day 3 | Częstochowa | Krakow
- Visit Częstochowa, the national shrine of Poland known for its miraculous Icon of Our Lady of Częstochowa. Celebrate Mass in the Chapel of the Black Madonna at Jasna Góra Monastery.
- Day 4 | Wadowice | Kalwaria
- Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Wojtyła family parish. Tour sites associated with the young life of Karol Józef Wojtyła. Visit Kalwaria, the Marian shrine where Karol's lifelong devotion to the Virgin began after the loss of his mother.
- Day 5 | Auschwitz
- Visit the former Nazi concentration camp, Auschwitz, and see St. Maximillian Kolbe’s cell. Continue to Harmeze, visit the Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, and tour the Center of St. Maximilian Kolbe. Celebrate Mass at the Franciscan Friary in Harmeze.
- Day 6 | Divine Mercy Shrine
- This morning is dedicated to the Divine Mercy Shrine in Kraków-Łagiewniki. Pray before the miraculous image of Merciful Jesus and the tomb of St. Faustina. Celebrate Mass at the Divine Mercy Shrine. Free afternoon to explore Krakow on your own.
- Day 7 | Zakopane
- Adventure to the Tatra Mountians, where Karol Wojtyła spent time hiking and skiing, and brought young people on excursions as a priest. Celebrate Mass at the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima in Krzeptowki.
- Day 8 | Wieliczka Salt Mines | Highlights of Krakow
- Visit Wieliczka Salt Mines, the oldest salt mine in Europe, and see the magnificent chapels and religious sculptures carved in salt. Celebrate Mass in the underground chapel dedicated to St. John Paul II. Return to Krakow and enjoy a highlight tour.
- Day 9 | Niepokolanów | Warsaw
- Visit Niepokalanów monastery, where St. Maximillian Kolbe initiated the City of the Immaculate Mother of God. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of the Omni-mediatress of All Glories. Farewell dinner with folkloric music and entertainment at a restaurant in Warsaw.
- Day 10 | Return Home