10-Day Pilgrimage | Austria, Germany & Switzerland
Vienna | Mariazell | Salzburg | Garmisch | Lucerne
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
- Day 1 | Depart for Austria
- Dinner and overnight on board the flight.
- Day 2 | Welcome to Vienna!
- Orientation tour by coach of imperial Vienna. Celebrate Mass at Peterskirche in Vienna.
- Day 3 | St. Stephen’s Cathedral | Schönbrunn Palace
- Celebrate Mass at St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Guided tour around the Ringstrasse. Afternoon tour of Schönbrunn Palace.
- Day 4 | Melk Abbey | Danube River Cruise
- Full-day excursion to Melk Abbey, the baroque Benedictine monastery overlooking the Danube. Celebrate Mass at the Abbey. Cruise from the Wachau region along the Danube River to the picturesque Krems an der Donau. Return to Vienna.
- Day 5 | Mariazell | Salzkammergut | Salzburg
- Depart Vienna and drive across the spectacular forested mountains to the pilgrimage center in Austria dedicated to the Blessed Mother. Celebrate Mass at the Shrine of Mariazell. Continue to Salzburg through Austria’s Lake District (Salzkammergut).
- Day 6 | Highlights of Salzburg | The Sound of Music Tour
- Celebrate Mass at Salzburg Cathedral. Morning tour of Salzburg. See the basilica and stroll along the Getreidegasse, see the house where Mozart was born, and take in many familiar sights from The Sound of Music.
- Day 7 | Innsbruck | Oberammergau | Garmisch
- Scenic drive through the Alps to Innsbruck. Stop for lunch in this charming mountain city known for winter sports. Continue across the Austrian-Bavarian border to Oberammergau, known for its tradition of the Passion Play. Celebrate Mass at Saints Peter and Paul in Oberammergau. Continue to Garmisch.
- Day 8 | Neuschwanstein Castle | Lucerne
- Celebrate Mass at the Wieskirche in Garmisch. Explore Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany’s fairytale castle built by King Ludwig. Continue through the spectacular Alps to the northern shore of Lake Lucerne.
- Day 9 | Lucerne
- Morning walking tour of Lucerne and afternoon visit to the Benedictine Abbey of Einsiedeln, Switzerland’s greatest pilgrimage shrine. Celebrate Mass in the Chapel of Grace, which houses a mid-15th century Black Madonna icon. Farewell dinner at a local restaurant in Lucerne.
- Day 10 | Return to the USA