10-Day Pilgrimage | Austria, Germany, and Switzerland
Vienna | Mariazell | Salzburg | Munich | Lucerne
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
Customize your itinerary by adding Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow, Budapest, or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for Austria
- Day 2 | Arrive in Vienna
- Welcome to Vienna! Enjoy an orientation tour of imperial Vienna. Celebrate Mass at Peterskirche.
- Day 3 | St. Stephen’s Cathedral | Schönbrunn Palace
- Celebrate Mass at St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Experience a guided tour around the Ringstrasse. This afternoon, tour Schönbrunn Palace.
- Day 4 | Melk Abbey | Danube River Cruise
- Full-day excursion to Melk Abbey, the baroque Benedictine monastery overlooking the Danube. Celebrate Mass at the abbey. Cruise from the Wachau region along the Danube River to the picturesque Krems an der Donau. Return to Vienna.
- Day 5 | Mariazell | Salzkammergut | Salzburg
- Depart Vienna and drive across the spectacular forested mountains to Mariazell, the pilgrimage center in Austria dedicated to the Blessed Mother. Celebrate Mass at the Shrine of Our Lady of Mariazell. Continue to Salzburg through Austria’s Lake District (Salzkammergut).
- Day 6 | Highlights of Salzburg | The Sound of Music Tour
- Celebrate Mass at Salzburg Cathedral. Enjoy a morning tour of Salzburg. Visit the basilica, stroll along the Getreidegasse, see the house where Mozart was born, and take in many familiar sights from The Sound of Music.
- Day 7 | Innsbruck | Oberammergau | Garmisch
- Take a scenic drive through the Alps to Innsbruck. Visit this charming mountain city known for winter sports. Continue across the Austrian-Bavarian border to Oberammergau, known for its tradition of the Passion Play. Celebrate Mass at St. Peter and St. Paul Church in Oberammergau. Continue to Garmisch.
- Day 8 | Neuschwanstein Castle | Lucerne
- Celebrate Mass at the Wieskirche in Garmisch. Explore Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany’s fairytale castle built by King Ludwig. Continue through the spectacular Alps to the northern shores of Lake Lucerne.
- Day 9 | Lucerne
- Enjoy a walking tour of the city and visit the Benedictine Abbey of Einsiedeln, Switzerland’s greatest pilgrimage shrine. Celebrate Mass in the Chapel of Grace, which houses a mid-15th century Black Madonna icon. Farewell dinner at a restaurant in Lucerne.
- Day 10 | Return Home