10-Day Pilgrimage | Austria and Germany
Vienna | Mariazell | Salzburg | Munich
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
Customize your itinerary by adding Lucerne, Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow, Budapest, or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for Austria
- Day 2 | Arrive in Vienna
- Welcome to Vienna! Enjoy an orientation tour of imperial Vienna. Celebrate Mass at Peterskirche.
- Day 3 | St. Stephen’s Cathedral | Schönbrunn Palace
- Celebrate Mass at St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Experience a guided tour around the Ringstrasse. This afternoon, tour Schönbrunn Palace.
- Day 4 | Melk Abbey | Danube River Cruise
- Full-day excursion to Melk Abbey, the baroque Benedictine monastery overlooking the Danube. Celebrate Mass at the abbey. Cruise from the Wachau region along the Danube River to the picturesque Krems an der Donau. Return to Vienna.
- Day 5 | Mariazell | Salzkammergut | Salzburg
- Depart Vienna and drive across the spectacular forested mountains to Mariazell, the pilgrimage center in Austria dedicated to the Blessed Mother. Celebrate Mass at the Shrine of Our Lady of Mariazell. Continue to Salzburg through Austria’s Lake District (Salzkammergut).
- Day 6 | Highlights of Salzburg | The Sound of Music Tour
- Celebrate Mass at Salzburg Cathedral. Enjoy a morning tour of Salzburg. Visit the basilica, stroll along the Getreidegasse, see the house where Mozart was born, and take in many familiar sights from The Sound of Music.
- Day 7 | Marktl am Inn | Altöttling | Munich
- Visit Marktl am Inn, the birthplace of Pope Benedict XVI. Continue to the pilgrimage town of Altötting, known as the "Lourdes of Germany." The Shrine of Our Lady of Altötting is the national shrine of Bavaria dedicated to the Blessed Mother, where Benedict XVI came in his youth. Celebrate Mass at the shrine. Continue to Munich.
- Day 8 | Neuschwanstein Castle | Oberammergau
- Explore Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany’s fairytale castle built by King Ludwig. Continue to Oberammergau, known for its tradition of the Passion Play. Celebrate Mass at St. Peter and St. Paul Church in Oberammergau. Festive dinner at Hofbräuhaus in Munich.
- Day 9 | Highlights of Munich | Dachau
- Explore Munich, the capital of Bavaria. Visit Marienplatz and see the world-famous Glockenspiel. Celebrate Mass at the Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche). Afternoon visit to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site.
- Day 10 | Return Home