10-Day Pilgrimage | Austria & Germany
Vienna | Mariazell | Salzburg | Garmisch | Munich
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
- Day 1 | Depart for Austria
- Dinner and overnight on board the flight.
- Day 2 | Welcome to Vienna!
- Orientation tour by coach of imperial Vienna. Celebrate Mass at Peterskirche in Vienna.
- Day 3 | St. Stephen’s Cathedral | Schönbrunn Palace
- Celebrate Mass at St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Guided tour around the Ringstrasse. Afternoon tour of Schönbrunn Palace.
- Day 4 | Melk Abbey | Danube River Cruise
- Full-day excursion to Melk Abbey, the baroque Benedictine monastery overlooking the Danube. Celebrate Mass at the Abbey. Cruise from the Wachau region along the Danube River to the picturesque Krems an der Donau. Return to Vienna.
- Day 5 | Mariazell | Salzkammergut | Salzburg
- Depart Vienna and drive across the spectacular forested mountains to the pilgrimage center in Austria dedicated to the Blessed Mother. Celebrate Mass at the Shrine of Mariazell. Continue to Salzburg through Austria’s Lake District (Salzkammergut).
- Day 6 | Highlights of Salzburg | The Sound of Music Tour
- Celebrate Mass at Salzburg Cathedral. Morning tour of Salzburg. See the basilica and stroll along the Getreidegasse, see the house where Mozart was born, and take in many familiar sights from The Sound of Music.
- Day 7 | Bavaria | In the Footsteps of Pope Benedict XVI | Munich
- Visit Marktl am Inn, birthplace of Pope Benedict XVI. Continue to the pilgrimage town of Altötting, known as the "Lourdes of Germany." Celebrate Mass at the national shrine of Bavaria dedicated to the Blessed Mother, where Benedict XVI came in his youth.
- Day 8 | Neuschwanstein Castle | Oberammergau
- Explore Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany’s fairytale castle built by King Ludwig. Continue to Oberammergau, known for its tradition of the Passion Play. Celebrate Mass at Saints Peter and Paul in Oberammergau. Festive dinner at Hafbrauhaus in Munich.
- Day 9 | Highlights of Munich | Dachau
- Explore Munich, the capital of Bavaria. Visit Marienplatz and see the world-famous Glockenspiel. Celebrate Mass at the Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche). Afternoon visit to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site.
- Day 10 | Return to the USA