10-Day Choir Tour | Shrines of France
Normandy | Lisieux | Mont Saint-Michel | Rouen | Chartres | Paris
This program includes the following venues:
- Sing for Vespers at the Carmelite Convent in Lisieux
- Sung Mass at St. Peter’s Cathedral or the Basilica of St. Thérèse in Lisieux
- Sung Mass at the Abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel
- Lunchtime recital at Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Rouen
- Concert at L'église de la Madeleine in Paris
- Sung Mass at Chartres Cathedral
- Sung Mass at Lourdes Shrine
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Depart for France
- Day 2 | Arrive in Paris | Lisieux
- Bienvenue à Paris! Continue to Lisieux. Visit "Les Buisonnets" and convent of the Carmelite Sisters of Lisieux. Sing for Vespers at the Carmelite Convent in Lisieux.
- Day 3 | Lisieux | Normandy
- Sing for Mass at St. Peter’s Cathedral or the Basilica of St. Thérèse in Lisieux. Afternoon visit to Normandy and the D-Day landing sites.
- Day 4 | Mont-Saint-Michel
- Full day excursion to Mont-Saint-Michel. Sing for Mass at the Abbey.
- Day 5 | Rouen | Paris
- Depart Lisieux for Rouen. Visit the modern church dedicated to St. Joan of Arc, patron saint of France. Lunchtime recital at Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Rouen. Continue to Paris.
- Day 6 | Paris Cathedrals & Churches | Seine River Cruise
- Visit the Shrine of the Miraculous Medal, Notre Dame Cathedral, and Sainte-Chapelle. Evening concert at L'église de la Madeleine in Paris, followed by a scenic cruise along the Seine.
- Day 7 | Montmartre | Chartres
- Orientation tour of Paris, including the Eiffel Tower, Champs-Élysées, Arc de Triômphe, Tomb of Napoleon, Place de la Concorde, Opéra, the Bastille Square and the Place des Vosges. Excursion to Chartres. Sing for Mass at Chartres Cathedral.
- Day 8 | Paris | Lourdes
- Continuing flight to Lourdes. Celebrate Mass at one of the Shrine Chapels. Candlelight procession and rosary in honor of the Blessed Mother.
- Day 9 | Full Day in Lourdes
- Mass at the Grotto. Walking tour of the shrine and the places associated with the life of St. Bernadette. This afternoon is free for private devotions, visiting the Grotto and baths, and confessions.
- Day 10 | Return to the USA