11-Day Choir Tour | England
London | Canterbury | Stratford | York | Durham | Edinburgh
This program includes the following venues:
- Recital or Evensong at St. Paul’s Cathedral
- Recital at Canterbury Cathedral
- Recital at Salisbury Cathedral
- Recital at Holy Trinity Church in Stratford
- Recital at York Minster
- Noon recital at St. Giles’ Cathedral
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Depart for England
- Day 2 | Tour of Historic London
- Welcome to Great Britain. Take an orientation tour by coach, passing by Buckingham Palace, the Mall, the Horse Guards Parade, the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, the London Eye, Abbey Road, Globe Theatre, Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly, and Oxford Street. Attend Evensong at Westminster Abbey.
- Day 3 | Highlights of London
- Today’s sites include the Tower of London and the Crown Jewels exhibit. Continue to St. Paul’s Cathedral for a guided tour and lunchtime recital. Enjoy a Thames River Cruise in the late afternoon.
- Day 4 | Windsor
- Excursion to Royal Windsor. Recital at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle. Enjoy a leisurely afternoon in London.
- Day 5 | Kent | Canterbury | Dover
- Visit Canterbury Cathedral, a famous pilgrimage destination since the Middle Ages. Lunchtime recital at Canterbury Cathedral.
- Day 6 | Salisbury | Old Sarum | Stonehenge | Stratford
- Depart London and drive through Salisbury Plain to the magnificent cathedral. Visit Old Sarum, the original site of Salisbury. Lunchtime recital at Salisbury Cathedral. Afternoon visit to prehistoric Stonehenge. Continue to Stratford.
- Day 7 | Stratford | Leeds | York
- Half-day of sightseeing in Stratford-upon-Avon, the town of Shakespeare. Lunchtime recital at Holy Trinity Church, where William Shakespeare was baptized and is buried. Continue to York with a stop to visit Leeds Minster.
- Day 8 | York | Durham | Edinburgh
- Tour the Gothic York Minster Cathedral and explore York’s medieval streets known as “Shambles.” Lunchtime recital at York Minster. Continue north to Edinburgh with a stop in Durham to visit the historic Norman Cathedral.
- Day 9 | Highlights of Edinburgh
- Visit Edinburgh Castle and St. Margaret’s Chapel. Noon recital at St. Giles’ Cathedral. After the recital, tour the cathedral, famous for its stained-glass windows, magnificent organ, and exquisite "Thistle Chapel." Guided tour of Holyrood Abbey and Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Day 10 | Rosslyn Chapel | Farewell Dinner
- Guided tour of Rosslyn Chapel. Afternoon at leisure in Edinburgh. Festive Scottish farewell dinner with traditional entertainment.
- Day 11 | Return to the USA