Carmina Burana | Folk, Popular and Sacred Music Festival
Salzburg, Austria |
May 1 – 3, 2020
- Day 1 | Friday | Arrive Salzburg
- Morning: Arrival and check-in at your hotel.
- Afternoon: Check in and meet with the festival organizers and choirs directors. Then, enjoy a walking tour of old town Salzburg.
- Evening: Austrian dinner with Austrian folklore music and Sound of Music
- Day 2 | Saturday | Salzburg and the Music
- Morning/Afternoon: Rehearsals in Großer Saal Mozarteum. Depending on your rehearsal time, enjoy a city walk with your assistant.
- 1:00 pm: Open singing in Salzburg Cathedral. Each choir sings a 10-minute sacred repertoire.
- 4:30 pm: Group rehearsal for Carina Burana pieces, Mozarteum Großer Saal
- 5:30 pm: Dinner
- 7:30 pm: Opening Festival Concert (all choirs) Carmina Burana O Fortuna – Each choir sings 10 minutes – choice of folk or popular music.
- 8:30 pm: Concert closes with all choirs singing O Fortuna, Ecce Gratum, Primo Vere. After concert party with snack buffet and beverages.
- Day 3 | Sunday | Salzburg | Departure
- Morning: Explore the village of Zell am See.
- Evening: Each group presents a solo 40-minute concert of their own repertoire at Ferdinand Porsch Hall.
- Morning: Sung Mass in one of Salzburg’s beautiful churches.
The organizer reserves the right to make changes required for technical reasons.
Have Peter's Way incorporate this Festival into your customized performance tour of the region!
Optional additional days and concerts in Europe: If you and your choir are interested in extending your stay in Europe, we will be glad to help make arrangements for you. Possible extensions to Vienna, Munich, Budapest, Prague and other cities are available. Peter’s Way can make additional concert arrangements upon request at palaces, community centers, resort areas, and abbeys, as well as liturgical settings in landmark venues.