11-Day Pilgrimage with 7-Day Cruise | In the Footsteps of St. Paul
Athens | Istanbul | Corinth | Mykonos | Rhodes | Patmos | Ephesus
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection and devotions.
- Day 1 | Wednesday | Depart for Greece
- Day 2 | Thursday | Arrive in Athens
- Καλώς ήρθατε στην Ελλάδα (Welcome to Greece)! See the most famous site in Greece, the Parthenon on the Acropolis. Visit Mars Hill and other highlights of Athens. Celebrate afternoon Mass at the Roman Catholic Cathedral of St. Dionysius the Areopagite.
- Day 3 | Friday | Greek Islands & Turkey Cruise
- Celebrate morning Mass at Sacred Heart Church in Athens. Then transfer to Lavrion Port for 11am sailing. Cruise from the Aegean Sea through the night.
- Day 4 | Saturday | Dardanelles Strait to Istanbul
- Arrive in Istanbul, Turkey by way of the Dardanelles Strait. Enjoy a highlights tour of Istanbul including the “Blue Mosque,” Hagia Sophia, the Hippodrome and the Imperial Topkapi Palace. Celebrate Mass at St. Anthony Church, followed by time for shopping at the Grand Bazaar.
- Day 5 | Sunday | Full Day at Sea
- Depart Istanbul. Celebrate Sunday Mass on board. Continue cruising to the Aegean Sea.
- Day 6 | Monday | At Sea | Mykonos | Sail to Patmos
- Spend the evening watching the sunset on the island of Mykonos. Overnight sail to Patmos.
- Day 7 | Tuesday | Patmos | Kusadasi | Sail to Rhodes
- Arrive at Patmos and visit where St. John wrote the Book of Revelation. Afternoon sail to Kusadasi, continuing by coach to Ephesus. Celebrate Mass at Panaya Kapula (the House of the Virgin Mary) in Ephesus. Overnight sail to Rhodes.
- Day 8 | Wednesday | Rhodes | Lindos | Sail to Heraklion
- Enjoy the brilliant sun, crystal seas and the rich history of the Old Town of Rhodes. Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral of Rhodes, Santa Maria. Explore a medieval fortress and restored acropolis of Lindos with a magnificent view of St. Paul’s Bay.
- Day 9 | Thursday | Heraklion | Santorini | Sail to Athens
- Arrive at Heraklion, continue by coach to Knossos, the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on, considered Europe's oldest city. Celebrate Mass on board. Enjoy the afternoon on the stunning island of Santorini, and village of Fira perched high above the sea with a spectacular view.
- Day 10 | Friday | Corinth | Cenchreae | Athens
- Dock early at the Port of Piraeus. Explore Corinth; see the Temple of Apollo, the Roman Agora; and the Bema. Celebrate Mass outdoors in Corinth. Continue to Cenchreae, the port from which St. Paul sailed to Ephesus. Overnight in Athens.
- Day 11 | Saturday | Return to the USA