9-Day Pilgrimage with 4-Day Cruise | In the Footsteps of St. Paul
Corinth | Athens | Mykonos | Rhodes | Patmos | Ephesus
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
- Day 1 | Friday | Depart for Greece
- Day 2 | Saturday | Arrive in Athens
- Καλώς ήρθατε στην Ελλάδα (Welcome to Greece)! Celebrate Mass at St. Dionysius Cathedral upon arrival in Athens. Afternoon at leisure.
- Day 3 | Sunday | Corinth | Cenchreae
- Explore Corinth. See the Temple of Apollo, the Roman Agora, the Bema, the pavement inscription of Erastus, the Roman Lechaion Road, and the lower Fountain of Peirene. Celebrate Mass outdoors in Corinth. Continue to Cenchreae, the port from which St. Paul sailed to Ephesus.
- Day 4 | Monday | Greek Island Cruise | Mykonos | Sail to Kusadasi
- Celebrate Mass at the Church of St. Paul in Pireaus. Transfer to Piraeus Harbor for 11 a.m. boarding of the cruise ship. Late afternoon, arrive at the beautiful island of Mykonos. Overnight sail to Kusadasi.
- Day 5 | Tuesday | Kusadasi | Patmos | Sail to Rhodes
- Arrive at Kusadasi. Continue by coach to Ephesus and explore the ruins of the ancient city. Celebrate Mass at Panaya Kapula (the House of the Virgin Mary) in Ephesus. Afternoon visit to the island of Patmos and overnight sail to Rhodes.
- Day 6 | Wednesday | Rhodes | Sail to Heraklion
- Enjoy the brilliant sun, crystal seas, and rich history of the Old Town of Rhodes. Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral of Rhodes, Santa Maria. Explore a medieval fortress and the restored acropolis of Lindos, with a magnificent view of St. Paul’s Bay. Overnight sail to Heraklion.
- Day 7 | Thursday | Heraklion | Santorini | Sail to Athens
- Arrive at Heraklion. Continue by coach to Knossos, the largest Bronze Age archaeological site, considered Europe's oldest city. Celebrate Mass on board. Enjoy the afternoon on the stunning island of Santorini and the village of Fira, perched high above the sea with a spectacular view.
- Day 8 | Friday | Piraeus | Athens
- Dock early at the Port of Piraeus. After breakfast, disembark to explore Athens and the Acropolis. Celebrate Mass at a local parish church in Athens.
- Day 9 | Saturday | Return to the USA