11-Day Pilgrimage | Bella Brazil
São Paulo | Rio de Janeiro | Belo Horizonte | Iguazú
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection and devotions.
- Day 1 | Thursday | Depart for Brazil
- Depart New York for São Paulo, Brazil. Dinner, overnight, and breakfast on board the flight.
- Day 2 | Friday | Arrive in São Paulo | Orientation Tour
- Orientation tour of the city. See the Butantan Institute, São Paulo University, the Government Palace, Morumbi soccer stadium and the Ibirapuera Park. Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption and St. Paul.
- Day 3 | Saturday | Aparecida Shrine|Rio de Janeiro
- Visit the National Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida, home to the miraculous “Black Madonna”. Celebrate Mass the Shrine.
- Day 4 | Sunday | Highlights of Rio de Janeiro | Sugarloaf
- Excursion to Tijuca National Park, by train, to the summit of Corcovado Mountain to see Christ the Redeemer Statue. See Maracanã stadium, celebrate Mass at the Metropolitan Cathedral of St. Sebastian, and take a cable car ride to Sugarloaf Mountain.
- Day 5 | Monday | Petrópolis
- Excursion to the mountain town of Petrópolis, known as The Imperial City of Brazil. Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral of St. Peter Alcantara.
- Day 6 | Tuesday | Rio de Janeiro | Belo Horizonte
- Short flight to Belo Horizonte. City tour includes the church of São José, Station Square, the Municipal Park, Sete de Setembro Square, Pampulha Park, the Zoological Park and Botanical Gardens. Celebrate Mass in Belo Horizonte.
- Day 7 | Wednesday | Ouro Preto | Congonhas
- Drive to Ouro Preto, a former colonial mining town in the Serra do Espinhaço mountains. Visit the Church of St. Francis of Assisi, an architectural masterpiece. Celebrate Mass in the Shrine of Bom Jesus do Congonhas.
- Day 8 | Thursday | Belo Horizonte | Iguazú
- Short flight to Iguazú. Afternoon at leisure.
- Day 9 | Friday | Iguazú Falls
- Guided walking tour of Iguazú Falls, the dramatic natural border between Brazil and Argentina.
- Day 10 | Saturday | San Ignácio Ruins
- Excursion to the San Ignácio ruins in Argentina. Tour San Ignacio Miní, one of the many missions founded by the Jesuits. Festive farewell lunch at a local restaurant.
- Day 11 | Sunday | Return to the USA