8-Day Methodist Heritage Tour | England
Bristol | Bath | Oxford | Stratford | Cambridge | Ely | Windsor | London
This program includes the following venues:
- Sunday Service at Victoria Methodist Church in Bristol
- Concert at Bishopston Methodist Church in Bristol
- Lunchtime concert at the New Room in Bristol
- Lunchtime concert at Ely Cathedral
- Lunchtime recital or Evensong at St. Paul’s Cathedral
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Depart for England
- Day 2 | London | Salisbury | Bristol
- Welcome to Great Britain. Drive from London through the Royal Berkshire, across the sweeping Salisbury Plain. Pass Stonehenge and visit Avebury Stone Circle en route to Bristol.
- Day 3 | Bath | Evening Concert
- Attend Sunday service at Victoria Methodist Church. Guided tour of Bath includes Hanham Mount where Wesley preached. Evening concert at Bishopston Methodist Church.
- Day 4 | Bristol | Blenheim Palace | Oxford
- Orientation tour of Bristol includes a visit to John Wesley’s house and chapel. Lunchtime concert at the New Room in Bristol. Visit Blenheim Palace, Lincoln College, and other Wesleyan-associated sites. Continue to Oxford.
- Day 5 | Witney | Stratford | Cambridge
- Drive through The Cotswolds to Witney. See the Church Green where Wesley preached. Tour Stratford-upon-Avon, the town of Shakespeare. Walking tour of Cambridge includes the home of the famous Kings College Choir. Attend Evensong at Kings College Chapel.
- Day 6 | Ely | Windsor Castle | London
- Upon arrival in Ely, rehearse for lunchtime concert at Ely Cathedral. Afternoon departure for London. Stop for a visit at Windsor Castle.
- Day 7 | Highlights of London
- Tour Wesleyan sites, including Aldersgate, Wesley’s Chapel, his home, and gravesite. Tour city sites, including the House of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square, the outside of Buckingham Palace, and St. Paul's Cathedral. Lunchtime recital or Evensong at St. Paul’s Cathedral.
- Day 8 | Return to the USA