13-Day Pilgrimage with 3-Day Cruise | St. Paul in Turkey and Greece
Istanbul | Central Greece | Athens | Mykonos | Patmos | Ephesus
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
- Day 1 | Friday | Depart for Turkey
- Day 2 | Saturday | Arrive in Istanbul
- Türkiye το Hoşgeldiniz (Welcome to Turkey)! Celebrate Mass upon arrival in Istanbul.
- Day 3 | Sunday | Highlights of Istanbul
- Enjoy a highlight tour of Istanbul, including the “Blue Mosque,” Hagia Sophia, the Hippodrome, and the Imperial Topkapi Palace. Celebrate Mass at St. Anthony Church, followed by time for shopping at the Grand Bazaar.
- Day 4 | Monday | Istanbul | Thessaloniki
- Continuing flight to Thessaloniki. See the ramparts of the city, the Arch of Galerius starting the Via Egnatia, and the Roman Agora where Paul preached. Visit St. Demetrios Church. Celebrate Mass at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral.
- Day 5 | Tuesday | Kavala | Philippi | Baptistery of Lydia
- Visit Kavala, where Paul, Timothy, and Silas landed. Continue to Philippi, and visit the prison, theater, forum, and Lydia's Baptistry. Celebrate Mass at Lydia's baptismal site.
- Day 6 | Wednesday | Thessaloniki | Veria | Meteora
- Visit Veria and celebrate Mass at the Bema. Continue to Kalambaka for a view of the monasteries "hanging in the air." Visit one of the six monasteries that are still active.
- Day 7 | Thursday | Delphi | Athens
- Visit Delphi, the Sanctuary of Apollo, and the museum. Visit the Ossios Loukas Monastery and Agios Georgios to see its famous dome. Celebrate Mass outdoors in Delphi. Continue to Athens.
- Day 8 | Friday | Greek Island Cruise | Mykonos | Sail to Kusadasi
- Celebrate Mass at St. Paul Church in Piraeus. Board the cruise ship and sail to Mykonos. Explore the Greek island.
- Day 9 | Saturday | Kusadasi | Patmos | Overnight Sail to Crete
- Arrive in Kusadasi and travel to Ephesus. Visit the ancient city and the House of the Virgin Mary. Celebrate Mass at the House of the Virgin Mary. Sail to Patmos and visit the "Holy Island." See the cave where St. John lived and visit the Monastery of St. John.
- Day 10 | Sunday | Heraklion (Crete) | Santorini | Overnight Sail to Piraeus
- Arrive in Heraklion, the capital of Crete, and travel to the ruins of the Palace of Knossos. Afternoon sail to Santorini. Free time in the village of Fira. Celebrate Mass on board the cruise ship. Overnight sail to Piraeus Harbor in Athens.
- Day 11 | Monday | Piraeus | Corinth | Athens
- Dock in Piraeus and continue to Corinth. See the Corinth Canel and explore the extensive archeological site, including the Temple of Apollo, the Roman Agora, and the Bema. Celebrate Mass outdoors in Corinth. Continue to Athens.
- Day 12 | Tuesday | Highlights of Athens
- Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral of St. Dennis or at Sacred Heart Church in Athens. Highlight tour of Athens, including the Acropolis, the Parthenon, and the Areopagus, where St. Paul addressed the people of Athens in the shadow of the Parthenon. Visit the National Archeological Museum. Visit the Plaka neighborhood and enjoy a festive farewell dinner with wine and entertainment.
- Day 13 | Wednesday | Return to the USA