International Sacred Music Choir Festival
Vatican City & Rome, Italy
International Sacred Music Choir Festival, sponsored by the Fondazione Pro Musica e Arte Sacra.
An international festival and celebration of the arts that will warm every music lover’s heart! The festival takes place in Rome each fall, as world-renowned choirs and orchestras, including the Vienna Philharmonic, flock to the city to put on incredible performances.
Choirs and orchestras from the United States are invited to take part, while music directors and conductors are welcome to travel to Rome to observe. Contact our office to find out how to be a part of this life-changing event!
- Day 1 | Depart USA
- Day 2 | Arrive in Rome
- Day 3 | Tour of Ancient Rome | Inaugural Concert
- Morning tour of Rome's ancient landmarks. Afternoon orientation meeting of all choir directors with festival organizers. Evening inaugural concert in St. Ignatius, one of the most beautiful Roman churches. Welcome pizza party with all participating choirs, including an informal performance.
- Day 4 | Outdoor Concert | Concert in Castelli Romani
- Choir parade and outdoor concert through the enchanting streets of the Eternal City. Evening performance in a charming village in Castelli Romani, up in the Alban Hills.
- Day 5 | St. Peter's Basilica | Concert in Castelli Romani
- Possibility to participate in Holy Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica. Evening performance in a charming village in Castelli Romani, up in the Alban Hills.
- Day 6 | Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel
- This morning, visit of one of the greatest art collections in the world: the Vatican Museums. Continue to the Sistine Chapel, the private chapel of the Popes, where Michelangelo best expressed his genius in monumental frescoes. End the tour in St. Peter's Basilica. Afternoon at leisure to explore the sights, sounds, and tastes of Rome all on your own!
- Day 7 | Return from Rome
Have Peter's Way incorporate this festival into your customized performance tour of the region! If you and your choir are interested in extending your stay in Italy, we will be glad to make arrangements for you. Possible extensions to Florence, Assisi, Venice, and other cities are available. Peter’s Way can make additional concert arrangements upon request.