10-Day Pilgrimage | Shrines of France
Ars | Annecy | Paray-le-Monial | Chartres | Lisieux | Paris | Lourdes
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection and devotions.
- Day 1 | Sunday | Depart for France
- Day 2 | Monday | Arrive in Paris | Ars | Lyon
- Bienvenue à Paris! Connect at Charles de Gaulle Airport for continuing flight to Lyon. Celebrate Mass in the Basilica of Ars where the body of St John Vianney is preserved in a glass reliquary. Afternoon visit to Basilique Notre-Dame de Fourvière in Lyon.
- Day 3 | Tuesday | Annecy
- Excursion to the picturesque Alpine lake village of Annecy. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of the Visitation, and venerate relics of St. Francis de Sales and St. Jane Frances de Chantal.
- Day 4 | Wednesday | Paray-le-Monial | Nevers | Chartres
- Celebrate Mass in the Chapel of the Visitation, the actual place where the apparitions of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary took place. See the body of Bernadette, preserved in the chapel of the prior Convent of St. Gildard of Nevers. Continue to Chartres and visit the Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Day 5 | Thursday | Lisieux
- Depart Chartres for Lisieux. Visits include Les Buisonnets,” St. Peter’s Cathedral, the present day convent chapel of the Carmelite Sisters of Lisieux, and the impressive Basilica and its Crypt dedicated to “The Little Flower”. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of St. Thérèse.
- Day 6 | Friday | Normandy | Paris
- Celebrate Mass at St. Peter’s Cathedral in Lisieux. Visit Normandy and D-Day Landing sites, with prayer service in the American Cemetary and Memorial. Continue to Paris.
- Day 7 | Saturday | Highlights of Paris
- Celebrate Mass at the Shrine of the Miraculous Medal. Highlights of Paris include Notre Dame Cathedral, Sainte-Chapelle. Eiffel Tower, Champs-Élysées, Arc de Triômphe, Tomb of Napoleon, Place de la Concorde, Opéra the Bastille Square and The Place des Vosges.
- Day 8 | Sunday | Paris | Lourdes
- Continuing flight to Lourdes. Celebrate Mass at one of the Shrine Chapels. Candlelight procession and rosary in honor of the Blessed Mother.
- Day 9 | Monday | Full Day in Lourdes
- Celebrate Mass at the Grotto. Walking tour of Lourdes Shrine and the places associated with the life of St. Bernadette. This afternoon is free for private devotions, visiting the Grotto, baths and confession.
- Day 10 | Tuesday | Return to the USA