12-Day Pilgrimage with 3-Day Cruise | In the Footsteps of St. Paul
Istanbul | Pergamum | Ephesus | Patmos | Corinth | Delphi | Athens
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
- Day 1 | Thursday | Depart for Turkey
- Day 2 | Friday | Arrive in Istanbul
- Day 3 | Saturday | Highlight Tour of Istanbul
- Celebrate morning Mass at the Franciscan Church of St. Anthony. Explore the highlights of Istanbul, including the Hippodrome Square, the Obelisk, the Serpentine Column from Delphi, and the fountain of Wilhelm II. Tour the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Visit the Underground Cisterns and Imperial Topkapi Palace. Proceed to the Grand Bazaar.
- Day 4 | Sunday | Izmir | Pergamum | Ephesus
- Connecting flight to Izmir. Continue to Pergamum, famous for it's health center, Asclepium, and the Altar of Zeus in its Acropolis. Continue to Ephesus. Celebrate Mass at St. John's Cathedral.
- Day 5 | Monday | Ephesus
- Explore the ancient city of Ephesus. Visit the House of the Virgin Mary, where St. John brought Mary after the death of Christ. Celebrate Mass at the House of the Virgin Mary.
- Day 6 | Tuesday | Greek Island Cruise | Patmos | Evening Sail to Rhodes
- Celebrate Mass at St. John's Church or at the Holy House of Mary. Transfer to the pier of Kusadasi to board the cruise ship. Sail to Patmos. Explore the island and the Monastery of the Apocalypse. See the Monastery of St. John.
- Day 7 | Wednesday | Rhodes | Evening Sail to Heraklion
- Explore the Old Town of Rhodes. Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral. Visit the town of Lindos and take in the view of St. Paul's Bay from the top of the ancient Acropolis.
- Day 8 | Thursday | Heraklion (Crete) | Santorini | Overnight Sail to Piraeus
- Arrive in Heraklion, the capital of Crete, and travel to the ruins of the Palace of Knossos. Afternoon sail to Santorini. Free time in the village of Fira. Celebrate Mass on board the cruise ship. Overnight sail to Piraeus Harbor in Athens.
- Day 9 | Friday | Piraeus | Corinth | Athens
- Dock in Piraeus and continue to Corinth. See the Corinth Canel and explore the extensive archeological site, including the Temple of Apollo, the Roman Agora, and the Bema. Celebrate Mass outdoors in Corinth. Continue to Athens.
- Day 10 | Saturday | Delphi | Athens
- Visit Delphi, the Sanctuary of Apollo, and the museum. Visit the Ossios Loukas Monastery and Agios Georgios to see its famous dome. Celebrate Mass outdoors in Delphi. Continue to Athens.
- Day 11 | Sunday | Highlights of Athens
- Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral of St. Dennis or at Sacred Heart Church in Athens. Highlight tour of Athens, including the Acropolis, the Parthenon, and the Areopagus, where St. Paul addressed the people of Athens in the shadow of the Parthenon. Visit the National Archeological Museum. Visit the Plaka neighborhood and enjoy a festive farewell dinner with wine and entertainment.
- Day 12 | Monday | Return to the USA