Come and witness a Peter’s Way Tour to the Holy Land! We will meet with local musicians and clergy while we enjoy sightseeing and fellowship with our colleagues. For those bringing their choir or parish to the Holy Land, this program is invaluable in planning your tour. You will inspect various liturgical and performance venues, hotels, and our detailed services.
The land-only package is complimentary for qualifying music directors and clergy leaders. The price of your airfare will be fully refunded to you when you return overseas with your choir or parish using Peter’s Way Tours. If you are unable to travel over these dates, we are happy to arrange for potential group leaders to join a Peter’s Way group traveling to the same destination(s), subject to availability.
- Day 1 | Depart for the Holy Land
- Day 2 | Arrive in Tel Aviv | Netanya
- Welcome to Tel Aviv! Continue to Netanya on the scenic Mediterranean coast.
- Day 3 | Caesarea Maritima | Mount Carmel | Bethsaida | Magdala
- Visit Caesarea by the Sea, site of a flourishing early Christian community. Continue to Mount Carmel. Time will be given for prayer at Stella Maris Monastery. Visit Bethsaida and Chorazin, and see the remains of an ancient synagogue where Jesus taught and preached. Explore the archeological site of Magdala. Concert at the Duc In Altum Church (the boat chapel) in Magdala (witness visiting choir).
- Day 4 | Around the Sea of Galilee | Cana | Nazareth
- Enjoy a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee. Visit the Church of the Multiplication and the Church of the Primacy of Peter. Visit Capernaum, the town of Jesus, and ascend the Mount of Beatitudes. Continue to Cana and the Franciscan Church built over the "wedding hall." Visit Nazareth and tour the Basilica of the Annunciation. Celebrate Mass at the Upper Basilica. Concert at the International Center of Mary (witness visiting choir).
- Day 5 | Mount Tabor | Samaria-Sebastia | Jerusalem
- Ascend Mount Tabor. Celebrate Mass at the Church of the Transfiguration. Visit Samaria-Sebastia and see the twin peaks of Mount Gerizim and Mount Ebal. Stop at Jacob’s Well and continue up to Jerusalem.
- Day 6 | Old City | Mount of Olives | Mount Zion
- Enjoy a walking tour of the Old City of Jerusalem, including the Church of St. Anne, the Pool of Bethesda, the Convent of the Sisters of Zion, the arch of “Ecce Homo,” and Lithostrotos. Explore the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and surrounding area. Continue to the top of the Mount of Olives, visit the Church of the Pater Noster, and walk the Palm Sunday path, passing by the Shrine of Dominus Flevit and the Garden of Gethsemane. Visit the Church of All Nations and the "Rock of Agony." Proceed to Mount Zion to visit the Upper Room, tomb of King David, and Dormition Abbey. End the day with a visit to the house of the High Priests and the Church of St. Peter in Galicantu.
- Day 7 | Dead Sea | Qumran | Baptismal Site on the Jordan River
- Celebrate Mass at the Church of the Agony in the Garden of Gethsemane. Proceed to the Jordan River with the opoprtunity to renew our baptismal promises. Visit Qumran, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found. Continue to the Dead Sea and enjoy a panormanic view of Ein Gedi. Visit Jericho and Bethany, seeing the traditional tomb of Lazarus.
- Day 8 | Bethlehem | Ein Karem
- Drive to Bethlehem and visit Shepherds' Field and the Basilica of the Nativity. Celebrate Mass at St. Catherine Basilica (witness visiting choir). Visit Ein Karem and the Church of the Visitation. Concert at Our Lady of Peach Church at the Notre Dame Center (witness visiting choir).
- Day 9 | Via Crucis and Holy Sepulchre | Emmaus
- Enter the Old City and retrace Jesus’ last steps to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Celebrate Mass in the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament. Visit Emmaus and the Church of Our Lady of the Arc of the Covenant. Farewell dinner in Jerusalem.
- Day 10 | Return Home