Come and witness a Peter’s Way Tour to the Holy Land! We will meet with local musicians and clergy while we enjoy sightseeing and fellowship with our colleagues. For those bringing their choir or parish to the Holy Land, this program is invaluable in planning your tour. You will inspect various liturgical and performance venues, hotels, and our detailed services.
The land-only package is complimentary for qualifying music directors and clergy leaders in a twin room in hotels throughout. The price of your airfare will be fully refunded to you when you return overseas with your choir or parish using Peter’s Way Tours.
- Day 1 | Depart for Tel Aviv
- Day 2 | Arrive in Galilee
- Day 3 | Sea of Galilee | Jordan River
- Boat ride to Capernaum, site of the Multiplication of Loaves and Fishes. Visit the Church of the Beatitudes, site of Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount. Attend Mass (witness visiting choir if applicable).
- Day 4 | Cana | Nazareth | Mount Carmel
- Visit Cana and Nazareth. Attend the Arabic Mass at the Church of the Annunciation (witness visiting choir if applicable). Travel to Mount Carmel, the location of Elijah’s altar.
- Day 5 | Mt. Tabor | Jordan Valley | Jericho | Bethlehem
- Mass at the site of the Transfiguration (witness visiting choir if applicable). Visit Jericho, the location of the Mount of the Temptation, before continuing to Bethlehem. See Shepherd’s Field and St. Catherine Church.
- Day 6 | City of David | Temple Mount | Bethlehem University | Holocaust Museum
- Pray at the Western Wall. Arrive at Temple Mount to view the Dome of the Rock. Visit and inspect Bethlehem University. Visit the Holocaust Museum and see the Dead Sea Scrolls. Attend Vespers at St. George Anglican Cathedral followed by venue inspection.
- Day 7 | Mt. of Olives | Ein Karem | Mt. Zion
- See the biblical sites of the Mount of Olives, where Jesus taught “Our Father.” Travel the Hosanna Road to the Garden of Gethsemane. Visit the birthplace of John the Baptist. See the site of the Last Supper.
- Day 8 | Masada | Dead Sea | Qumran
- Ascend to Herod’s palace fortress Masada. Take a dip in the Dead Sea before continuing to Qumran, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found. Attend an evening concert at Dormition Abbey (witness visiting choir if applicable).
- Day 9 | Via Dolorosa | Emmaus
- Enter the Old City and retrace Jesus’ last steps to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, where we will celebrate Mass (witness visiting choir if applicable). Participate in Vespers followed by Solemn Stations of the Cross. Special Middle Eastern dinner.
- Day 10 | Return from Tel Aviv