Holy Land | February 15 – 24, 2020
Come and witness a Peter’s Way Tour to the Holy Land! We will meet with local musicians and clergy while we enjoy sightseeing and fellowship with our colleagues. For those bringing their choir to the Holy Land, this program is invaluable in planning your tour. You will inspect various liturgical and performance venues, hotels, and our detailed services.
The land-only package is complimentary for qualifying music directors in a twin room in hotels throughout. The price of your airfare will be fully refunded to you when you return overseas with your choir using Peter’s Way Tours. If you are unable to travel over these dates, we are happy to arrange for potential group leaders to join a Peter’s Way group traveling to the same destination(s), subject to availability.
- Day 1 | Depart for Tel Aviv
- Day 2 | Arrive in Tel Aviv | Sea of Galilee
- Explore archaeological excavations in Magdala. Celebrate Sunday Mass at the Duc In Altum Church.
- Day 3 | Cana | Mt. Carmel | Nazareth
- Visit Cana and Mt. Carmel. Time will be given for prayer at Stella Maris Monastery. Visit Nazareth and the Basilica of the Annunciation. Attend Mass and concert presentation at the basilica (witness visiting choir).
- Day 4 | Around the Sea of Galilee
- Boat ride on the Sea of Galilee. Celebrate Mass at the Church of the Primacy. Ascend the Mount of Beatitudes. Visit Bethsaida and Chorazin.
- Day 5 | Mt. Tabor | Samaria-Sebastia | Jerusalem
- Ascend Mount Tabor. Celebrate Mass at the Church of the Transfiguration. Visit Samaria-Sebastia. Stop at Jacob’s Well and continue up to Jerusalem.
- Day 6 | Old City | Ein Karem | Israel Museum
- Walking tour of Jerusalem, including the Church of St. Anne, the Pools of Bethesda, the Convent of the Sisters of Zion, the arch of “Ecce Homo,” and Lithostrotos. Explore the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre and surrounding area. Visit Ein Karem. Celebrate Mass at the Church of the Visitation. Visit the Israel Museum. Attend concert presentation at the Notre Dame Centre (witness visiting choir).
- Day 7 | Mt. of Olives | Mount Zion | Bethlehem
- Ascend the Mount of Olives, visit the Church of the Pater Noster, and walk the Palm Sunday path. Visit the Church of All Nations and pray at the “Rock of Agony.” Drive up to Mount Zion to visit the Upper Room, tomb of King David, Dormition Abbey, and the Church of St. Peter in Galicantu. Continue to Bethlehem and Shepherd’s Field. Explore the Basilica of the Nativity and the Basilica of St. Catherine. Attend Mass and concert presentation at the Church of St. Catherine in Bethlehem (witness visiting choir).
- Day 8 | Masada | Qumran | Baptismal Site on the Jordan River
- Celebrate Mass at the Church of the Agony in the Garden of Gethsemane. Visit the ruins of Herod’s palace atop Masada. Visit the Dead Sea, Qumran, and the baptismal site on the Jordan River. Continue to Jericho and Bethany before returning to Jerusalem. Farewell dinner at the rooftop of the Notre Dame Centre in Jerusalem.
- Day 9 | Via Crucis and Holy Sepulchre | Emmaus
- Enter the Old City and retrace Jesus’ last steps to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, where we will celebrate Mass. Visit Emmaus and the Church of Our Lady of the Arc of the Covenant.
- Day 10 | Return from Tel Aviv