Come and witness a Peter’s Way Tour to Italy! We will meet with local musicians and clergy, including Vatican authorities, while we enjoy sightseeing and fellowship with our colleagues. For those bringing their choir or parish to Italy, this program is invaluable in planning your tour. You will inspect various liturgical and performance venues, hotels, and our detailed services.
The land-only package is complimentary for qualifying music directors and clergy leaders. The price of your airfare will be fully refunded to you when you return overseas with your choir or parish using Peter’s Way Tours. If you are unable to travel over these dates, we are happy to arrange for potential group leaders to join a Peter’s Way group traveling to the same destination(s), subject to availability.
- Day 1 | Depart for Italy
- Day 2 | Arrive in Rome
- Welcome to Rome! Enjoy an orientation tour of the Eternal City. Welcome session with all music directors and clergy leaders.
- Day 3 | Tour of Imperial Rome | Angelus and Papal Blessing | St. Peter’s Basilica
- Enjoy a tour of Imperial Rome, including the Roman Forum and Colosseum. Attend the Noon Papal Blessing at St. Peter’s Square. Celebrate Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica on the Solemnity of the Holy Family (witness visiting choir).
- Day 4 | Full-Day Excursion to Assisi
- Visit the sites of St. Francis and St. Clare in Assisi. Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis (witness visiting choir).
- Day 5 | Papal Basilicas of Rome | Blessing of the Vatican Créche
- Explore the basilicas of Rome, including St. Paul Outside-the-Walls, St. John Lateran, and St. Mary Major (all are possible liturgical venues). Witness the blessing of the Vatican Créche by Pope Francis.
- Day 6 | Papal Mass for the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God | Evening Concert
- Attend Papal Mass for the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God. Evening concert at the Church of St. Ignatius (witness visiting choir).
- Day 7 | Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica | Historic Rome
- Tour the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica. Take a walking tour of historic Rome. Enjoy a festive farewell dinner at a restaurant in Rome.
- Day 8 | Return Home