Poland | November 6 – 11, 2019
Come and witness a Peter’s Way Tour to Poland, honoring the life and legacy of Saint John Paul II! We will meet with local musicians and clergy while we enjoy sightseeing and fellowship with our colleagues. For those bringing their choir or parish to Poland, this program is invaluable in planning your tour. You will inspect various liturgical and performance venues, hotels, and our detailed services.
The land-only package is complimentary for qualifying music directors and clergy leaders. The price of your airfare will be fully refunded to you when you return overseas with your choir or parish using Peter’s Way Tours. If you are unable to travel over these dates, we are happy to arrange for potential group leaders to join a Peter’s Way group traveling to the same destination(s), subject to availability.
For more information or to apply for this familiarization tour, contact Karen Rohrecker.
- Day 1 | Depart for Poland
- Day 2 | Arrive in Krakow
- Day 3 | Tour Krakow
- Mass at the Sanctuary of Saint John Paul II. Organ and venue inspection, meet with local tour representatives. Visit the Divine Mercy Shrine and venue inspection.
- Day 4 | Auschwitz | Czestochowa
- Guided tour of the former concentration camp in Auschwitz-Birkenau. Celebrate Mass at the Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa. Organ and venue inspection.
- Day 5 | Kalwaria | Wadowice | Wieliczka
- Visit the Bernardine Monastery in Kalwaria and celebrate Mass. Visit Wojtyla Family Parish Church of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary in Wadowice, where Karol Wojtyla was baptized. Continue to the museum of Pope Saint John Paul II. Visit Wieliczka Salt Mine with venue inspection of the underground chapel. Dinner with local Polish dishes and forklore music.
- Day 6 | Krakow
- Highlight tour of Krakow. Choir directors can inspect the venues of St. Mary’s Church, Wawel Cathedral, Cistercian Monastery, and St. Catherine Church.
- Day 7 | Return from Poland